kmnhiramga

spiders good or bad?

kmnhiramga

Hey all. I'm using good cultural practices for my bermuda lawn. Unfortunately, I have't put any fertilizer or pre-emergent or anything down yet. When I find CGM I plan to put that down, may be too late for some weeds but I've learned there will always be even more weeds to come here in Georgia.

Either way, while pulling weeds today I noticed quite a few small spiders (small jumpy spiders) and a couple larger jumpy (or jumping?) spiders about the size of the tip of my finger. Is the presence of spiders a good sign of healthy microherd or a bad sign?

Ok, I know someone is going to come back and tell me I need to put down some compost or something. It ain't gonna happen. I have 10,000 square feet of lawn, I'd need a dump truck and a bobcat to do all of that and I'm not looking for a part time job or to take out a second mortgage, just make the lawn nice and healthy and to do so in an eco responsible way.

So, any info on presence of spiders?