Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

It's Raining !!!!!

gldno1
16 years ago

The rain started sometime during the night and continued lightly off and on; then, this morning it began raining pretty hard. We have just over 3 inches at this point.

We are so happy. I was beginning to worry about the cattle and, needless to say, my lawn and flowers and garden are gone.

Hope it is widespread so the rest who need it are getting drenched too.

Comments (9)

• razorback33
    16 years ago

That is the remains of TS ERIN. Hope it doesn't create floods for you, like it did in OK. One of those came my way in 1994 and in some areas, deposited 27 inches of water in a 36 hour period. Needless to say, every road was under water, even the Interstates. Many cities were under water also, as every stream was well above flood stage.
    Rb

• ceresone
    16 years ago

And what have we gotten LOL --1/4 inch!!! but at least its wet--and its trying to rain. Terrible when you wish for a hurricane to come our way. Dont wish anyone to have property damages and loss of life--but we'd soo like to have a good soaking rain.

• mulberryknob
    16 years ago

Three inches??!! Lucky you GLDNO 1. Here in Adair Co OK we got a whopping .6 Sunday afternoon. But it was a nice slow gentle rain so every drop soaked in. We could have used 3 inches of the 10 that Kingfisher got in the same time. Maybe next time, Ceresone for both of us.

• oakleif
    16 years ago

Am so glad for you that got some rain. We got a few drops that disappeared into the ground quickly. Will have to water plants in pots tomorrow. Maybe next week some rain will come our way.
    vickie

• ceresone
    16 years ago

Gldno, sure hope you weren't in the areas that flooded so badly. Saw the roads washed out, and the water rescues.
    We ended up with 3/4 inch, garden really needed it.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We ended up with 11 inches. The last 9 inches came in 5 hours. We had water standing everywhere and running rivers. No flooding for us but the nearby town of Walnut Grove was cut off by the water on the roads. I guess lots of damage was done to BB and other county and state roads. By afternoon, you could hardly tell it had rained except for the ponds. The poor, dry ground just soaked it up.

We are very thankful for it.

• christie_sw_mo
    16 years ago

Gld - That's a lot of rain! We ended up with four inches and sure needed it. I'm sure a lot of it ran off since it came so quickly. The ponds and streams should be full.

• sweetwm007
    16 years ago

we had rain last night. first rain in about 24 days. around 1/2 inch. we got fried this spring and got fried this summer.

tomatoes and pole beans are finished here. have peppers in pots and they are doing well. they sure set fruit better in hot weather as compared to tomatoes.

william- in yellville.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We got another 1/2 inch day before yesterday; some areas got over 3 inches. Everything is fried here too, even my Red Maple tree. The tips of the branches are dead or sun burnt. I don't think it will kill the tree; sure hope not.

I am ready for fall!

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996