Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnfromperrycopa

Source for Weigelia 'My Monet'

johnfromperrycopa
16 years ago

Relatively hot new plant in 2007. Anyone know where there might be some cheaper than $40 for a 3-gallon pot? A gallon or 4 inch pot would be good enough for me. I can watch them grown.

Comments (11)

• Mike Larkin
    16 years ago

John - You may be a little late,
    I saw many for sale at Ashcombes - Mechanicsburg, however last week there was one left. And they said that the supply may be limited for the rest of the year.
    Mike

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

john, mail order, try wayside gardens. i saw it in their catalogue.

maryanne

• johnfromperrycopa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mike: They got 15 more in this week but want $40 for a 3-gallon pot.

• rnbern811
    16 years ago

bought one at russell's garden in churchville pa. if they have any left maybe on sale now

• Mike Larkin
    16 years ago

It is like paying 4.29 for a PW annual.

You can wait til next year and pay 24.99!

• gramtothree
    16 years ago

Try Garden Crossings...they're in Zeeland, MI. They have beautiful plants that ship in 5x5 inch containers, and their shipping costs are really reasonable. I've ordered two, both are in beautiful condition and are really good sized. This site has become my absolute favorite for ordering plants!

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenCrossings.com

• johnfromperrycopa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gram: I can see why that site is your favorite. Awesome site, pictures and info. I'm wondering if the prices in my area will go down next spring. It's tempting to get them now. I might order 2 that I want to use in the landscape at my church. I want to use 6 at my home. Thanks for the info. I will save the website as a favorite for future reference.

• Mike Larkin
    16 years ago

Just purchased 1 gal at SKH in Lingelstown, for 12.99

Had about 10 left.

Also at C Market.

LOL Mike

• johnfromperrycopa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You're kidding me, Mike! Nah...Mike wouldn't kid me...now I need to take an extra hour for lunch tomorrow and run over there from work. I'm glad I checked back before I pushed the button for the online store. www.gardencrossings.com is still an awesome site. But if they last at SKH - a bit cheaper and save on shipping as well. Thanks a bunch Mike. You are the person who does the semimars on hypertufa at the PA Garden Expo in the past and also some design things at Ashcombes? I will skip over and see your website/blog.

• johnfromperrycopa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I picked up 8 1-gal Monet's at SKH during lunch time. It was worth the trip. Thanks for the tip, Mike.

• Mike Larkin
    16 years ago

Great
    Glad to help. I bought one and thought of your post.
    I do some LDesign and this looks to be a great little plant to use in designs. I always like to try to grow first just in case it turns out to be a poor preformer-

Yeah thats me - Like the Garden expo, lots of fun to do the classes -
    Also have done a few classes at Ashcombes - They are very nice people and easy to work with to set up classes. Am doing a Hypertufa Class in Sept, you should stop and say hi!

I have not updated that blog much - must get back to it-

Mike

Sponsored