Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eristal

Brushwood nursery

eristal
14 years ago

Hello all you Passiflora freaks!

I just got a shipment from Brushwood nursery today. It's the first time I've dealt with them, and so of course I was a little hesitant to order. But I did, and more than just Passifloras, but I won't bore you with my Clematis and Apios info. The Passies I got were AWESOME! My P. incarnata alba even had an almost blooming bud, which I expect to burst any day now. All three that I got were healthy, very large, and all was well packed.

I am fairly new to this forum, but I though this was good info to share with other Passiflora aficionados. Hopefully, I am not out of line.

Anyway, the website is www.gardenvines.com. The Passiflora section is not as extensive as GK, though still nice, and Dan, (a very nice guy who responds well to emails), mentioned that they are moving to a new facility and they are planning on expanding their offerings soon.

Anyway, just thought I'd let y'all know.

Eric

Comments (6)

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Thanks for the info. I'm always interested in hearing about nurseries with good quality plants. You might want to post feedback on the Rate and Review Vendors forum as well.

I can't believe that you are growing Apios. I had a heck of a time finding tubers earlier this year.

• eristal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I had actually never even heard of Apios until I went to Brushwood's website, but I did a little research on them, and they seem like a cool addition to our little vine collection.

I didn't realize there was a rate and review vendors forum... I'll do that.

Eric

• daveh_sf
    14 years ago

You might also leave feedback at Dave's Garden, which I think is a lot easier to use than the vendors feedback forum here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dave's Garden - The Gargen Watchdog

• passionlove
    14 years ago

Thanks so much Eric!!! I will definitely check it out. I'm always looking for good passie shops!

• mark4321_gw
    14 years ago

Eric,

I just went to check out their site--all but 3 Passifloras are sold out. Is that because of your post?

• eristal
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That's funny! Perhaps that's the reason... good for him. He deserves it.

On that thought, however, you may want to email him ask ask about a specific one you are looking for. HJe told me that some show "sold out", because he has very few. He did have one to send me in response to my email, thankfully. It was the one that I really wanted the most, the P. incarnata 'alba', though I do believe I got the last. It did bloom a couple of days ago, too, though that is the only flower bud it had so far.

Also, he did mention to me that he is moving to a new site in a different (and warmer) state, and would be gone for about a month. He said his helper would be taking care of the nursery, but this may mean that no new Passies will be hitting the website until the move is done. Don't give up... try him in a little while when things get up and running full bore again.

For anyone interested in Clematis though, he has an amazing collection. I had to get a couple of those that I have been wanting, as well. For those that may be interested, they were the C. 'Princess Diana', (fabulous bloomer that sells only in 5 gallon pots here for about $50), and C. glaucophyllum, (I may be misspelling that).

I wonder if Dan ever comes here and reads this stuff...

Eric

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County