I am new to potted plants and I noticed tiny white bugs in the soil of my new meyer lemon tree. I'm almost positive they are springtails. I've been reading up about them and I've read that they can be good because they eat decomposing organic material but they can also be bad because they may eat new roots.
I watered the plant once on Saturday and then this morning did a pencil test and the tip came up damp. I think that it is a sign that the soil isn't draining well and I may want to try repotting my tree into 511 or gritty mix soil for better drainage. Should I try something to get rid of the springtails? What are your thoughts on springtails, good or bad?
Kimmsr
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
Related Professionals
San Marcos Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Portland Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Lebanon Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Toledo Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Concord Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Mesquite Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Middletown Landscape Contractors · Nashua Landscape Contractors · Kalispell Landscape Contractors · Kennewick Landscape Contractors · Rolla Kitchen Remodelers · Spartanburg Kitchen Remodelers · Elgin Kitchen Remodelers · Leominster Kitchen Remodelers · Eau Claire Kitchen Remodelersrhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7