Software
Houzz Logo Print
grdn4fun

Please help my Bauhinia variegata

17 years ago

I have a Bauhinia variegata at my newly purchased house. I have not seen it bloom yet (not sure if it's the season???) but more concerning is that the leaves are turning yellow and falling off!! There is still green leaves on the tree but it is acting more like it is fall than spring. There are new buds on the tree and I haven't seen any bugs on the new or fallen leaves. I'm hoping the tree doesn't have root rot and if it does - does anyone know if or how I can reverse it??? The prior owners had a sprinkler that sprayed the tree's trunk and now the trunk has green moss on it and is damp to touch. I capped the sprinkler but I'm not sure what I should do next??? I guess my real questions are - 1.Is it common for the Bauhinia variegata to be dropping yellow leaves this time of year??

2.Should the tree be showing flowers now??

3.Should I fertilize the tree and if so with what??

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Whisler Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals