Software
Houzz Logo Print
emtwo_gw

Pampas Gone - Roots?

12 years ago

Hi all,

First of all sorry if this is something answered elsewhere, I'm new and new to gardening!

I had a huge out of control pampas grass in the garden that the good lady wanted removed so we could make use of the space.

I cut it back and then basically axed it up right to the soil - there's literally nothing left of the plant!

That's great, and I can only see small (0.3ish cm) roots around the 1m area it took up.

So, my question is - what now please?

I don't want to use this area for anything else plant wise (paving for a kid's swing instead) so considered weed killer covering the 1m patch.

Would that be enough to kill the root system before covering with visqueen?

Or, will it all need digging out?

Many thanks
Mark

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting