Software
Houzz Logo Print
sphinx_face

House foundation and bugs.

12 years ago

Mainly this comes from my newly acquired hobby of reducing the black vine weevil from the potted containers around my house. I've hypothesized that perhaps they are hiding in my foundation/crawlspace? It's fairly large under the house, in some places I can almost stand up (it's a very small house). There are other things under there too, some harvestmen spider colonies for sure, possibly the potato bugs and my (rather illogically) feared earwigs, who knows what else hides under there (a mouse)?

OK so my questions: Are the weevils hiding under there? I see them crawling up the side of my house sometimes. Should I dig the grass away from the foundation? Should I be worried about anything else that could be hiding under there? So far the only thing that seems to make an appearance inside the house are the spiders (what are they eating?).

Any advise or comments are welcome ;)

Comments (4)