spidermite apocalypse
This year, the spider mites have been horrible. I never remember seeing so many of them. They started real early too. The first victims were my spinach. As they plants started bolting, they hit hammered by them. Soon after my peas were hit. And that was late April! My pole beans were swarmed pretty much as soon as they sprouted, as well as my ball zucchini, and even my corn seedlings. I've tried keeping them at bay with soapy water (ivory soap) and also with neem oil. I think it helps a little, but they come back quickly. I've pulled up most of the spinach, except a few plants I intend to collect seeds from. And I've pulled up the peas, but obviously the beans, corn, and squash are just getting started, so I've been trying to save them. Fortunately they haven't hit my tomatoes real hard yet but its a matter of time, I think.
Any other suggestions? I want to keep organic. I've wondered about trying to get some predatory mites. Not sure if its worth the money. I've also read about ladybugs, but it seems spider mites aren't their favorite food, and they might just fly away.
Do I just stick with neem? Its rather expensive. Arg!! Any suggestions are much appreciated.
-Christian

ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
ChristianOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Newport News Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · New York City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Carson City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Kennewick Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Montgomery Landscape Contractors · Bainbridge Landscape Contractors · Manhattan Landscape Contractors · Champaign Landscape Contractors · Sacramento Landscape Contractors · Bismarck Landscape Contractors · Virginia Beach Kitchen Remodelers · Des Moines Kitchen Remodelers · Aurora Kitchen Remodelers · Detroit Kitchen Remodelers · Tacoma Kitchen Remodelershortster
ChristianOriginal Author
Kimmsr
ChristianOriginal Author
hortster
DMForcier
jean001a
ChristianOriginal Author
ChristianOriginal Author
ChristianOriginal Author