"Worms" in Pointsettia
Hello!
I have a POTTED pointsettia that I'm trying to keep alive until the next season. (I don't see why a living plant should get tossed just because it loses its seasonal appearance!).
I've trimmed it and it is in the middle of lateral growth. I've noticed, however, that occasionally some of the new tiny leaves dry up days after they come out.
At the same time, I've recently removed a couple of worms from the soil. At first I thought they were worms, but when I took one out and took a close look at it, I noticed that it had tiny antennae and resembled a snail (without the shell).
I took a couple of photos, which hopefully show up with this post. They are grainy, but give you an idea of what it looks like. This one that's pictured was just about half an inch large, and the front part of it was translucent. (You can maybe see in the picture that the rear end is a little darker.) I think the other one I removed was about the same size, potentially slightly larger (definitely not an inch though).
Does anyone have any idea what's up here? Are these good creatures or bad ones? Should I repot the plant (I was going to wait until late summer...) now to get rid of them?


jbw1984Original Author
jean001a
Related Professionals
Birmingham Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Niles Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Hagerstown Landscape Contractors · Vicksburg Landscape Contractors · Jacksonville Landscape Contractors · Muskogee Landscape Contractors · Omaha Landscape Contractors · Sheboygan Landscape Contractors · Stockton Landscape Contractors · Bend Landscape Contractors · Waycross Kitchen Remodelers · Galveston Kitchen Remodelers · Greenfield Kitchen Remodelers · Traverse City Kitchen Remodelers · Alexandria Kitchen Remodelersrhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
calliope
jbw1984Original Author
tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5