Software
Houzz Logo Print
geoff_ri

Spinach Leaves Drying Out

12 years ago

Hi,

This is my first time posting in this forum, and I hope it's the right place...if not, please direct me to the correct forum.

I have a raised bed in my yard. Everything is growing under the same conditions. I have three long rows of greens...romaine, red leaf lettuce, arugula, rapini. The greens are in raised rows. There are tomatoes, peppers, and herbs interspersed. Not to crowded.

Everything is flourishing except for the spinach. Leaf tips are drying out and turning brownish-silverish. No other plants are affected.

This is my first time growing spinach, so I'm not familiar with any problems that might affect this plant.

I applied fish emulsion (I think 0-0-5) a few weeks ago through underground soaker hose. I also applied MG tomato fertilizer with the standard MG sprayer. I'm not sure if the browning started before or after the applications. Also, no other plants are showing signs of problems.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Geoff in RI

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations