Software
Houzz Logo Print
dragonfly_field

bugs!

12 years ago

I hate aphids. This year our town is covered with them. I have started a new garden and in a couple weeks I had green aphids, brown aphids and wooly aphids. I sprayed a few times with dish soap and water and it has helped a ton but will have to replace quite a few petunias. I purchased neem oil and will be treating as soon as weather cooperates (rain tonight and the next few days)

Now I am seeing tiny black bugs that look like flies but aphid size, all over the healthy petunias. They were covering the leaves and some flowers. I sprayed with soap water and it helped, but I'm wondering what they are. I don't think they are fungus gnats because they are on the leaves and not the dirt. Are they a type of aphid? They are a bit different looking and all have wings.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting