Software
Houzz Logo Print
kjbarr_gw

Beetles

13 years ago

Hi all -

I have a problem with Asian garden beetles, oriental beetles and black vine weevils. For the past few weeks I've been hand picking these critters at night.

Occasionally, I'll come across a random beetle on the foliage that is not one of these three and I can't identify.

Other than ladybugs, are there any night active beetles that are good/neutral for the garden?

When I see an unknown beetle at night I usually pick it if the plant it's on has damage and leave it if the plant doesn't have damage. But as most of the plants in my garden are pretty heavily damaged most of the unknowns end up in the bucket.

I've tried to google this without success. Thanks for any info.

Kathy

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting