Help me please! Every year about this time I vow NEVER again will I plant petunias or geraniums! But each spring their promise and beauty overtakes me. EVERY SUMMER I struggle with what I call 'budworms.' These pests are good at camouflage, eat from the inside-out of the blooms and simply destroy my pretty petunias and geraniums in late July and early August. I hand pick by finding their little 'poopie' droppings on lower leaves. Heartbreaking!
These worms laugh at the Bt spray I've used. No avail! My local Home Depot gardener informs me that Bt is no longer on the market and recommended Sevin spray instead (for reasons I can't disagree with...it's safer) Still no avail.
Expert advice?
Here is a link that might be useful:
jean001
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Related Professionals
Pittsburg Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Carson City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Edmonton Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Toronto Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Huntsville Landscape Contractors · Montgomery Landscape Contractors · Mountain Home Landscape Contractors · New Orleans Landscape Contractors · York Landscape Contractors · Aurora Landscape Contractors · Lansing Landscape Contractors · Lincoln Landscape Contractors · Bennington Landscape Contractors · Miami Kitchen Remodelers · Altoona Kitchen Remodelersjean001
Virginia
hortster
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
DebiOriginal Author
jaimej
Kimmsr
caliboyoc
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
caliboyoc