I am a total novice at gardening, so I was pretty psyched when I seemed to get a bumper crop of watermelons. I waited until the tendril opposite was dry before picking two of them, so they should've been ripe (according to youtube), but they were both hollow and stringy inside, like a squash. Any idea what happened here?
I have another variety growing that doesn't seem to be having the same problem, if that helps at all with this little mystery. But I'm not growing any stringy fruits or veggies, so I doubt it was a cross-pollination issue.
Thanks!
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
desertjungleOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Belleville Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · College Station Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Sugar Land Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Green Bay Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · La Crosse Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Riverside Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Coeur d'Alene Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Crestview Landscape Contractors · Gainesville Landscape Contractors · Muncie Landscape Contractors · Newport Landscape Contractors · Milwaukee Landscape Contractors · Seattle Landscape Contractors · Oxford Kitchen Remodelers · Las Cruces Kitchen Remodelersjean001a
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
HU-11285246
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7