Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mksmth_zone_6b

my plants and backyard

Just wanted to share what ive been working on and what i have done and where my plumies are. Its been cooler than normal so mine are a bit behind.

Divine onthe right California sunset on the left.

After 3 years scentsational is finally blooming

Guilott sunset, scentsational, delightful

Non bloomers and fruit tree orchard

Desert sunrise and a diplandia.

Psycho.

Second season plumeria and others

Apple peach and plum orchard. Not very pretty right now

Well thats just a little look at the new place. Ive have ton more to do buts coming along.

Mike

Comments (14)

• rox146
    9 years ago

Love it Mike! Wish I had that room, used to... you have quite the green thumb. So nice to see others yards. you always start the best threads. roxanne

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks rox!. The yard is filling in. I still have things i want to do. Lots of space can be a blessing and a curse. There isnt a moment where something doesnt need my attention. One day ill get it all done.
    Mike

• irun5k
    9 years ago

Looking good!

The pool looks very inviting BTW. I like the little path heading toward it. I went for a run tonight after dinner and it felt like the hottest day of the year. A pool would have been nice!

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Mike, Looks good and so much room. Everything looked great and your plants looked really healthy. Hope that you get many flowers in the months to come. Barb

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

Very nice, Mike!

Lonnie

Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone. Hopefully we can get some hot weather and get the inflo's flowing.

Irun, Come hop in! Water temp was 78 last night. good when its nice and hot out but a little chilly when its overcast and cool.

mike

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Beautiful yard and thank you for sharing with us!

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    9 years ago

Nice work. A work in progress is the best kind of work. It looks like you need more Plumerias.

Any chance you can dam up that drainage area to use it for rainwater catchment then pump it into the garden? :)

Original Author
    9 years ago

K. Funny you mention the concrete ditch. When it was built they did a terrible job on the pitch. After a good rain it holds a couple inches of water for awhile. At night the frogs are super loud.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Looks like a tropical paradise already.

beautiful work, Mike!!

Love everything you have done.. Lots of love put into that yard, but it was already there, just needed you to help it out... ;-)

Awesome..

Laura

• spiroan
    9 years ago

I like it, Mike! Looks good.

• elucas101
    9 years ago

Looking great Mike!!! Yard work is hard work...but it pays off big time. Fabulous paradise you have there.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Laura. Thank you so much. I cannot believe I didnt take any photos of the before. the area with the bananas was literally a jungle. One day I just went at with a chainsaw.
    I just wish i could grow big palm trees like yours. I tried pindo before at my old place and the made it though a couple mild winters but this last on took the m out. Needle palm and sable minors made it ok.

Spiro, Elucas thank you both for the kind words. Now if we could just get the sun to come out for few days and warm the water back up.

Mike

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Wow, that's a nice little estate you got there, Mike! Lots of room for everything!

That must have been a ton of work to get it in such great shape. Gardening like that is so good for the soul, though. Terrific that you can enjoy the results now!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting