Software
Houzz Logo Print
laurencehawkins

What manner of beast?

12 years ago

What manner of beast?

Last year I lost most of my Green Beans overnight to - who knows what devilish beasts? I went out one morning and discovered a row of leafless 1" stalks where only 16 hours before a vibrant row (actually rows) of green beans had been in full bloom. There were no deer tracks, or, for that matter, animal tracks of any kind in the dusty soil. The only thing I noticed were several of these small (1 1/2" - 2") circles in the soil nearby. Since then I have noticed these circles everywhere. I have dissected several, with the caution and precision exercised by a surgeon, the soil beneath these circles and found that, without exception, the soil is undisturbed. In other words the composition of the soil is absolutely unchanged beneath the circle. So, this seems to indicate an above ground cause, but what? and why? Mini crop circles have been suggested, or minuscule black holes in the fabric of the landscape. The circles are so amazingly uniform, and in many the soil within the circle is almost dust-like. I don't think the circles have anything to do with the loss of my green beans, but, my curiosity is on edge. Any ideas? Solutions? The circle in the picture was also under the arcing flower stalks of a dianthus - not much room for a critter to maneuver

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County