I'm a bit confused about verifying patent expiration. I would like to find someone with Ingrid Bergman willing to exchange cuttings, but I can't figure out the patent. I believe patents are supposed to last 17 years for plants, but 17 years from what date? IB was marketed in 1984, but the Helpmefind website lists a patent number as having been granted 8/30/1988. Still another site on US patents lists a different patent # granted to Jackson & Perksins on 10/24/2003. Can this be? What gives? How could they take out a patent so long after market introduction? It doesn't make sense. Can someone tell me conclusively that the patent has expired and how to confirm this?
And oh yeah, does anyone have IB for cuttings exchange?
Mike Anders
New Orleans
rosyone
mike_in_new_orleansOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Plainfield Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Muskegon Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Manchester Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Montrose Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Yakima Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Magog Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Knoxville Landscape Contractors · Spring Landscape Contractors · Trenton Landscape Contractors · Sterling Landscape Contractors · Southaven General Contractors · Edison General Contractors · Rochester General Contractors · Blythe General Contractors · Honolulu General ContractorsFantin_Latour