Comments (13)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

John F. Kennedy

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Aug 17, 14 at 12:04

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Sara, very pretty! My blooms are water-logged from the rain again today. Yesterday, I did take some more nice pictures of Pacific Celebration.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Beautiful shots Sara Ann!

• paulieinct
    9 years ago

Love that JFK!

• lesmc
    9 years ago

Just beautiful,Sara-Ann. My McCarney rose took a hard hit this winter and is just starting to look good. I love the picture you posted, just lovely. JFK is prone to blackspot here so I grow other whites, but that one of yours is very pretty. Lesley

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Paul and Lesley. My JFK seems fairly healthy, but is slow to repeat, when it does give me nice blooms, they're gorgeous. My McCartney is fairly vigorous, this third flush isn't overly prolific on any of my roses, I am surprised that I've had as many nice blooms as I have. We've had fairly moderate temps for here, but it is beginning to get really hot, so I don't think very many of the blooms that haven't opened yet will be that great, I've been trying to enjoy the blooms I've had so far.

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

What a great shot of The McCartney Rose!

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Ooooh!!! The McCartney Rose!!! I think I want to get this rose for next year!!! Can you tell me all of its good points?
    - smell
    - size of bloom
    - good bloomer
    Thanks!!!

Those are wonderful pictures!!! Thank you for the beauty!!
    Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Iris and Carol. Carol - Last year I took this picture of The McCartney Rose with a Perfume Delight bloom, to show the color similarities, but there is a big difference in the bloom size. The PD, the smaller one is about the average size for it, this is McCartney at its best. Its fragrance is strong. This being its second year for me, it seems to be a better than average bloomer for the most part. This third flush for all my roses has been mediocre at best.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Mon, Aug 18, 14 at 5:46

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

Nice looking blooms sara ann!

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

They're both really beautiful!

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Really!??
    The McCartney Rose has BIGGER? blooms than Perfume Delight?? I thought they would be smaller since TMR is a floribunda. Wow!!! I want one!!! Amazing how similar they look.
    Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Wow! Gorgeous!