Software
Houzz Logo Print
katariina_gw

Community Gardening

20 years ago

Hello,

I am a transplant and a 3rd generation gardener from Finland, arrived to Nashville, Tennessee via Champaign, Illinois. My husband is a farm boy who wanted to experience living in a city and therefore we live downtown in a high-rise building.

Gardening opportunities are not many in the asphalt jungle, and I had almost given up the hope of anything else but a small herb garden on my window sill. Then 'Hands on Nashville'(HON) volunteer organization announced that they have an informational meeting for community gardening on Saturday, January 14th, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at the HON office in Cummins Station building downtown.

I signed up immediately, and began to order seed catalogs and continued to do research on-line about gardening. It is like my whole life has been transformed!

If the project is at a starting point, there may not be any plots available for this growing season. Even if I cannot have garden plot this year, I am willing to put in some brain and sweat equity to have one the year after.

The link to HON website is attached for anyone else who would like sign up for the event.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hands On Nashville

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!