Software
Houzz Logo Print
nanna8_gw

when to plant..?

18 years ago

A newbie to the forums, but could someone tell me when I can plant potatoes in Southeast TN (halfway between Knoxville and Chattanooga, right off I-75) I remember as a child my dad out in the garden in February planting potatoes and covering them with straw and mulch, but wonder if they won't rot in the cold ground. waited last year until ground was warm, had a couple of good rains then nada and a very pitiful crop. Garden is mulched, have plenty of mulch and cardboard to add. Seems like I remember dad always sprinkled his cut seed potatoes with lime and let them dry out a day or two before planting. Is this the way to go..and how early? What else can be planted now? Would like to get ahead of the summer drought (as predicted). Temp tonight is 38, last night in the low 20s. Thanks for any advice

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County