Software
Houzz Logo Print
ragdollblue7

Hydrangea Help

19 years ago

It's been almost 2 years since I planted several hydrangeas. Now I need some help with pruning advice. I did a Google search and found some pruning info, but I'm really confused on how to proceed. I have Everblooming, Endless Summer, Nikko Blue, Limelights, Varigated, Bluebirds, and a PeeGee that was planted from a bag I bought at Home Depot. I don't think I need to do anything to the Pee Gee, it's still an infant.

What types bloom on new wood? On all the hydrangeas, except the Limelights, I see new green growth coming from the ground. Seeing that, I'm assuming these bloom on the new growth. So far I have pruned back about 1/3 of last years growth on the Nikko Blue and 3 of the Endless Summers. Have I made a big mistake? I've not done anything to the others.

Thanks for any advice and HELP!

Judy

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting