Software
Houzz Logo Print
big_orange_vol

Daylily Sale

21 years ago

Under the "just in case you are so inclined" heading....

The Middle Tennessee Daylily Society will be having their Spring Sale this weekend. There should be tons of named Daylily fans at good prices ($5 and up). Lavonne and I will be there working from 8-12 so come by for no other reason than to just give me grief. ;-) As if I don't get enough!

When: Saturday, April 30th

Where: The Mall at Green Hills

Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm

Bring money, come early and stay late.

BTW, We just joined a couple of weeks ago and it's only $10 for a yearly family membership.

Get this....There are Daylily single fans out there that are bringing over $200!!!

I'm STILL reeling over that.

Comments (7)

  • 21 years ago

    Good for you Jeff! You shame me for not having joined yet. Since I'm working that day, I'll send Mom to scope it out.

  • 21 years ago

    Well well well, yet another Daylily nut in the making. Your already a nut though, so your half-way there Jeff. Glad to see that you guys have already taken an active roll in the club. It can be really fun when you get actively involved.

    As long as your in the mood to volunteer, why dont you come to Knoxville on June 18th and work my clubs sale. Im chairing the show once again this year, but I cant get a firm committment from anyone on the sale. You could be a celebrity fill-in for me! yeah, thats it.

    p.s. $200 aint nothing. Ive seen some go for upwards of $300. And at last years Can-Am meeting one of Ted Petits flowers went for $6000 at auction. Are you rethinking your line of work yet?

    Doug,
    I3

  • 21 years ago

    Now you know why I'm so curious to learn about hybridizing!

  • 21 years ago

    Holy crap! 6K? That's almost as insane as.....well nothing is more insane than that. IT'S JUST A FLOWER!

    Well Douglas, as Secretary of the Swap this year I understand the lack of a firm committment thing all too well! (Refer to the email I sent you today) Maybe we can work out a deal.

    So what kind of Daylilies do you use as pay for working the booth? I'm thinking Dakota Sunshine (who was that named after?), DMR (same question), Sweeter than Honey, Eminence Front, Orange Vols, Orange Velvet, Robbie Bush, Sabine Baur, Spacecoast Spice Girl, SC Tropical Passion, heck any of the SC Kinnebrew's would all be nice....you get the drift. ;-)

  • 21 years ago

    Hi to you all,
    I just bought Sabine Baur off the Lily Auction and I'm tickled pink. I got three fans and each one of them is about to spilt into two. So I will have six fans! I've got some pretty good ones this Spring and have the desire to hybridize some and maybe sale some of the seeds this fall. Since we are broke and on a fixed income, extra money would mean that I can buy more DLs! Folks this is one of the fastest addictions that you can get into. I know, I've been slowing getting them for 5 years now and it's like an ache deep inside when you don't have the thousands of $$$ it would take to buy the brand new ones. Besides, if I did buy one say just $100, I'd bet that would be when the deer decided to have a late night snack and eat it!

    I hope ya'll have a good time at the sales and think about me way down here in MS. Love to you all and here's to seeing you at the Swap. May God bless each of you with his loving Grace, Mona

  • 21 years ago

    No. Freakin'. Way.

    Gardening is a hobby and hobbies just shouldn't cost that much.

    Oh wait a minute....so is photography... But I HAVE made some money with that so it's ok. Right? RIGHT????

  • 21 years ago

    Zig, shoot me an email!!!

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz