Software
Houzz Logo Print
mlwgardener

Non Gardening Post

20 years ago

To my friends from Tn and others that know me,

My mother-in-law, Jean White, had a moderate stroke last night. It has left her partially paralyzed on her right side. This includes her right eye, arm, leg and about half of her speech. I love this lady dearly and ask for your prayers for God's mercy in her healing. Thank you all so very much for your love and kindness, Mona

Comments (11)

  • 20 years ago

    I'll pray for her. Jean is very lucky to have a friend like you.

    Billy

  • 20 years ago

    I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law! The only good news is that people can improve an amazing amount in the weeks after a stroke -- so hang in there!

  • 20 years ago

    Mona I know how much you love her and we have you guys in our prayers!!! I know you won't ask, but I'd sure like to ask everyone else here to add your family to their prayers too.

    Doc is right, there is a lot that can be recovered through ST, OT and PT these days. It's not like it use to be. Don't give up hope and make sure that you don't let her either. A positive attitude is awesome medicine!!!

    I'm going to fuss at you a minute, but only a minute because I figure you've heard a pretty fair share from Jan & Jim already. I know that you're trying to stay strong and be a rock for everybody else, (What's new there huh?) but make sure that you let others help you too! Don't try and take all of this on yourself! Delegate, kinda like you delegated me as Secretary. ;-)
    Just blind-side and sucker-punch 'em. They'll never know what hit 'em! And if they're anything like me then they'll be too stupid to figure it out before it's too late. Part of being strong is letting other help you. Use those folks that wish to help!

    You know that we're all here for you if you need a shoulder or anything else! BIG CRUSHING HUGS to you and David from Lavonne and I. We love ya'll and miss you bunches... but the cool thing is that you're in our hearts everyday! I wish we were there to deliver the hugs in person but you'll just have to make do with cyber hugs until we can.

    Love you and David always,
    Jeff & Lavonne

  • 20 years ago

    Mona you know I am praying...that can do more than anything.

    Jan

  • 20 years ago

    Thank you all so very much. My heart is touched by your prayers and kindness from each of you. Mona

  • 20 years ago

    Hi Mona,
    I'm so soryy to hear about your MIL. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. All my love to you and David both. Jeff, you said it well!! I second your thoughts. Mona -- do lean on others and not be everything for everyone. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.
    ((((((((( Big hugs and Love )))))))))) from Tn.
    Marianne

  • 20 years ago

    Oh Mona, I just read this post. I am so so sorry about your mother in law. I know how deeply you care for and love everyone around you and I know you must be taking this very hard. You've got my phone number, please call me anytime just to talk, rant and rave, or whatever you need. We're all here for you. We love you , and you know how special you are to me and Aric and especially my Catie !!

    Cheryl

  • 20 years ago

    Love and prayers from West Tn.
    Norman and Barb

  • 20 years ago

    Miss Mona, the journey through this will not be easy, but I know that our Lord will be holding Miss Jean and your family tight and close in His protective healing hands every step of the way. Giant, Loving HUGS to you all from your friend, Renee

  • 20 years ago

    Thanks again with a most humble heart to you all. yesterday she was better for about 2 hours then regressed. We are leaving early to see the doctor on rounds. Maybe he will know why her left eye is hurting so very bad. Please keep praying with my love, Mona

  • 20 years ago

    Heavenly Father,
    We come seeking healing for Mona's dear Jean. Renew, refresh, and restore her. Surround her with the love of family and friends. Bless them with hope and faith for her continued recovery.
    We ask in the name of Jesus.
    Amen

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio