Software
Houzz Logo Print
big_orange_vol_

Volunteers needed-no pun intended!

20 years ago

Guys I'm going to need two people to work the sign-in table, two to direct traffic in and out of the loading/unloading area, at least one person to help park every body after they have unloaded, a couple to help with setting up all of the tables and door prize sign-in as well as name cards. So if there is anyway possible that eight or more of you could get to the Swap by 8:00 it sure would be much appreciated.


Jan and Jim have 4 large church groups in that day to canoe so they are going to be tied up and I'm not too sure that Mona and David are going to be able to make it at all with what they are having to deal with at home.

HELP!!!

Comments (11)

  • 20 years ago

    OK you guys... Jeff REALLY needs your help the day of the swap...the canoeing and camping is not ususally busy the Sat. before Memorial weekend...that's why we chose this weekend for the swap...but not the case this year.

    Please everyone, help Jeff out. Remember he is a volunteer, too...he's not getting paid. I hope everyone remembers to thank him for all his planning and hard work that he puts into the swaps BEFORE the swap day, as well as keeping the swap day running smoothly.

    SEE YOU AT THE RIVER

    Jan

  • 20 years ago

    Jeff and Jan,
    I'm planning on leaving at 5am so I should be there by 8 from what you have told me. So I will be glad to help if i can.
    Martha

  • 20 years ago

    Thank you so much Martha! Rest assurd I will keep you busy for an hour or so.

    Thank you Mrs. Hobbs. You are too kind.

    I do get paid though by all the cool stuff that people give me out of pity! As far as thanks are concerned, if I can get some folks to help Saturday morning that would be more than enough thanks. Ya'll do not want to see me cave under the stress and go into a comatose breakdown lying on the ground in the fetal position twitching...well then again, some might welcome and even enjoy that! (Insert Joe Weaver's name here)

    It would be nice if I could get a few guys to help with setting up the tables and directing trafic. Responsible teenagers at the sign-up tables would be very welcome too.

    Ok, for the record, nobody has to thank me for anything because I love doing it and if that's all the price I pay to hang-out with all you guys for a day then it's well worth it.
    Shoot, who am I kiddinÂ?
    IÂd pay for the opportunity.

    Jan maybe we need to start charging admission! :-)

    After spending $50-70 in gas to get there and back, I know itÂs a pain to hear but, ONLY IF YOU CAN, please remember to hit the donation jar. IÂm free but all of those supplies arenÂt.

    IÂm toying with the idea of getting us a 2Â x 20Â double-sided "Welcome to The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap" vinyl banner. Unless somebody donates one itÂll probably run around $200. Larger signs would be nice too. They are in the $40 range each. (Although I like the free ones we already have Joe!) I may wait for the Fall Swap on that one though. Your thoughts please....

  • 20 years ago

    Hi Jeff,
    I plan to be there and to camp the night before (Ms. Jan please reserve me a spot for 2 nights) with my son and grandson again. We'll be glad to help out any way we can.Also e me about the banner--I may know someone who can do that...
    Marianne

  • 20 years ago

    Jeff, watch out with that fetal position -- you know somebody is sure to take pics! LOL!

    I'd love to help if I was going to be there, but alas I'll be a few hundred miles away at a show in Gray. Maybe for the fall swap!

  • 20 years ago

    Now Jeff...I wouldn't enjoy that.

    But I would take pictures!

    We always try to get there early but that never seems to happen. But I'll pitch in with whatever I can once we do get there.

    As for the sign...get with me on that and we'll see what we can do. I have a contact at a sign shop, but I don't know if they could get it done before the 20th. I'll be glad to work up the graphics though.

  • 20 years ago

    Will be glad to help any way I can, except at that time of
    the day, my right hand is locked around my coffee mug.
    Norm

  • 20 years ago

    Jeff, I'll help out. I'm not bringing much this time so I better work to earn my keep!

  • 20 years ago

    Jeff, My gang will be glad to pitch in. I have two teenagers that would love to help out just for the invite to our wonderful pot luck lunch. My ten year old Layla loves plants as much myself and will tag along with me helping too. See ya bright and early, Rhonda

  • 20 years ago

    Jeff,
    I won't be bringing many plants, but I'm definitely coming to see everyone, so I'd love to help in any way I can. It wouldn't be a problem to get there early, in fact I can help you and Lavonne load up and carry things down there if you want. Convoy!
    Renee

  • 20 years ago

    Thanks so much you guys! Like I always say, you guys are the best!!!

    I won't turn down anyone else that wants to help either. I can put everybody to work that gets there between 8:00-9:00.

Sponsored