Software
Houzz Logo Print
drquotes

Plants to bring to Buffalo River swap

21 years ago

Hi everyone - I'm getting real excited about the upcoming May 21 swap. I've been pulling a lot of cinquefoil and violets up, also rudbekias and lyre-leaf sage are in places I don't want them. I don't want to re-pot them if nobody will want them - could you all let me know if folks will be interested in these plants - thanks,

Karen

Comments (8)

  • 21 years ago

    I'm not sure if we can come yet, but I have quite of few small tomato plants about 8 inches tall with several leaves going. I started these plants from seeds in the middle of February with seeds that I bought from a heirloom Italian seed company. I have 3 different kind, but sorry, I got them mixed up when transplanting about 100 into cups from the original trays. It was taking too long and I was in a hurry to get them done.

    I've since learned that these plants are probably not going to be everbearers, but I'm not sure. Quite a lot for me to remember how to be clear on that.

    So far, that is all I have going good enough to bring, if anyone is interested let me know.

    Katie

  • 21 years ago

    Hi Katie and Karen,
    I am looking forward to meeting you at the swap and I'm sure there will be someone that will be glad to swap with you. We have lots of plants that we think noone wants, but surprise! they may not have just what you got. So come, bring you plants and something to share for lunch and I can promise you a good time and I can just about promise you will leave with more than you brought. People like me that's been gardening for 10 years or more usually bring an abundance of pass-a-long plants that we are glad to find a new home for. If you can, try to arrive before 9 so you can get everything unload, your car parked back in the parking lot (we have the swap under some beautiful trees right on the river about 100yards from the parking lot) and meet as many of the people as possible.
    Have fun gardening and may God bless you and yours with his loving Grace, Mona

  • 21 years ago

    I have rooted pussywillow tree cuttings that I'm bringing, and some lilac babies...don't know what else at this point.
    But everyone come, no matter how much you have or don't have, that is the main thing!!! We'll have another "family"(garden family) reunion!

    Jan

  • 21 years ago

    I CRAVE rudbeckias!

  • 21 years ago

    I need tomatoes!!

  • 21 years ago

    Well thanks everyone - I've also added to the "tease" discussion under exchanges. I'll dig some more rudbeckies & Sissy, my girlfriend who has a greenhouse grows the best tomatoes - I & lots of folks only buy from her - she is planning to come & will bring what she has left! So it will be good! See you all there,
    Karen

  • 21 years ago

    Well, we are definitely planning to come now! We can rent a economy car for $14.99 a day plus tax will be about $20. Wahoo!

    I have plenty of tomato plants that I can bring.

    Katie & Rich

  • 21 years ago

    I should be bringing red raspberry plants, and will list other plants after I dig them in the next day or two. Thank goodness we finally got rain!
    Does anyone have any extra siberian iris that aren't the dark purple. I would love to get some black raspberry plants. Does anyone have any of the thornless raspberry (not blackberry) plants? I also need some birdhouse gourd seeds that make nice thick gourds for martin hourses.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio