Software
Houzz Logo Print
irisaddict

Plant Thieves!!!

20 years ago

This is in no way a complaint to Jeff and all the great volunteers. The swap was great and I really appreciated everyone's hard work.

I had to leave the swap before lunch to go out of state and just called my friend tonight and found out that all the plants and other items that she swapped for and had boxed up under her table were stolen!!! I feel so bad since she had potted things up for weeks and brought a bunch to trade. This was her 2nd swap so at least she knows the main swapping group is made up of great people. Personally, I think the regular GardenWeb group is enough people to swap.

Did anyone else have this happen? Are there any suspects?

Comments (4)

  • 20 years ago

    Irisaddict,
    Look at the mid tn swap thread below.
    Martha

  • 20 years ago

    Katzswoman,
    There wasn't a swap thread listed. Which one should I look at? Did others have problems?

  • 20 years ago

    We did have a couple of isolated incidents and I hope that those who had plants taken will contact me so that we can do our best to make sure that they are reimbursed at the Fall Swap with what was taken from them.

    We are in the process of changing quite a few things and taking steps to rectify the problems that we had. As an example: We are going to have everyone pre-register for the next MTPS and all attendees will be give a print out of Swap Etiquette that they will be expected to adhere to. Our problems stemmed from a lack of knowledge by hundreds of folks that had no idea how a Swap operates. That is totally my fault. Granted, some didnÂt care anyway and I doubt that any of those people will return.

    Sadly, due to the incredible turn-out and interest in the MTPS we are going to have some of these growing pains. I hate it as much as anyone but I promise I'm going to do everything within my power to make the necessary corrections so that we can all enjoy the MTPS in the manner that we are all accustomed.

    We are going to get control and be prepared so that things run smoothly again. IÂm sorry for all the problems that I caused by my lack preparation, organization and control of the matter. This is very embarrassing for me personally since it was my big idea and my big mouth that got us into this mess. IÂll get us out, I promise! I appreciate everyone hanging in there with me and not pointing fingers but alas, the buck stops here so feel free to drag me through the mud. I earned it!

  • 20 years ago

    Big O,

    You are in no way responsible for naughty people. You did a heck of a lot of work for this thing and I don't want you to feel bad for a second. I just think we have enough people in the GardenWeb community and don't need any other people brought in. Word of mouth between members and their gardening friends will probably grow this group fast enough as it is.
    Thanks again for all your gardening efforts!
    Evelyn

Sponsored