Software
Houzz Logo Print
tngreenthumb

A few photos from our garden...

20 years ago

Cathy and I have been hard at work getting the new place into some kind of shape. The gardens as a whole aren't there yet, but I have found a few interesting photos here and there...

Thought I'd share.

{{gwi:59158}} {{gwi:59159}} {{gwi:59161}} {{gwi:59163}} {{gwi:59164}} {{gwi:59165}} {{gwi:59166}} {{gwi:59167}}

Hope you enjoy them! (Click on images for larger versions. Most are under 250K.)

Comments (16)

  • 20 years ago

    Sweet! Nice stuff.

    Are you still working on the MTPS pics?

  • 20 years ago

    Thanks for posting the pics. I enjoyed them, especially the red passion flower. Wow, that is gorgeous.

  • 20 years ago

    Awesome! Farmerbell is right -- that read passionflower is unbelievable! You *are* going to bring seeds from that beauty to the Fall swap, aren't you?

    :-) Really beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.

    --April

  • 20 years ago

    Oh wow! I want one of each....Those are so pretty!

  • 20 years ago

    I may have to sneak over to Brick Church some night and do some covert ops. :-)

  • 20 years ago

    Jeff, when are you going to bring Lavonne to see me?

  • 20 years ago

    Ann as soon as we're both over this crud we'll be there.

  • 20 years ago

    Jeff: Thanks. Yeah, I have done about a third of them here and there as I get a chance. I need to sit down at home where I have better toys....er... tools, and run through the rest. Covert ops...I'm sure Leia and Kodi would be happy to see you. *grin*

    farberbell: Glad you liked them. Now if I could only capture smells...

    April: If it were to set seed I would. I suspect that these are self infertile. And I need to get it to blooming again. It's not had the first bloom since it turned hot. I moved it recently and it seems to be much happier now. So keep your fingers crossed.

    atokadawn: Well, we'll just have to work on that. *grin*

    I guess I should have listed what each thing was, huh? Ok, in order, from the top then left to right if they show that way.

    Red Passion Flower
    Double Fuschia Oleander
    Brugmansia "Becca Lynn"
    Brugmansia Versicolor orange
    Variegated Hydrangea
    Apple Blossom Yarrow
    Gaillardia Daisey "Arizona Sun"
    Clematis - Anyone know the name?

  • 20 years ago

    Hi,
    Was just wondering about your brug. Have it been blooming long? I have several, but only one has "y'd"
    and I usually get my blooms later in the year. What's your secret? Other pics are beautiful too!

  • 20 years ago

    Email me some pics of Leia and Kodi!

  • 20 years ago

    daisydo: I sort of cheat. I lift mine in the Fall and only prune back a little. This one already had Y's when it went back outside in early May. It's the only one that has bloomed yet, but I do have buds all over the place now. If you cut them back to the ground, they have to grow to thier preferred height before Y'ing and blooming. If you start out each year with a healthy root ball and a sizeable trunk, you can have blooms in June.

    BOV: Ok. Here ya go.

    And even if you get past these ferocious beasties, there always Smokey....

  • 20 years ago

    I think I'll cheat this fall. Your results are wonderful.

  • 20 years ago

    How do the pups like their new digs?
    You know that we have a Border too right?
    What's the little guy?

  • 20 years ago

    Leia settled in there pretty quick. She was a bit skittish at first, but learned her new boundaries real quick. Very smart dog.

    Kodi is part Border and part (we fear) Akita. Kodiak is her full name. She looked like a little bear cub at first.

    She's smart too, but in a coniving way...

  • 20 years ago

    Hi, Mid-TN here...I think I have 4 of the same Clematis on an iron gazebo. The tag on them said they were H. F. Youngs, however, there is an ongoing discussion on the clematis forum at the moment. One man says No it isn't and he seems to feel all four were mistagged..he thinks they are one of these...Comtesse de Bouchaud or Madame Baron Veillard. So I have no idea.
    P.S. The blooms were faded a bit in this pic...so not the true color.
    PJ

    Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:601051}}

  • 20 years ago

    Can you share the oleander?????
    Thanks
    Martha

Sponsored