Software
Houzz Logo Print
big_orange_vol

Happy Independence Day

21 years ago

I realize that most everyone looks at tomorrow as a wonderful day to travel; vacation; eat; shoot fireworks; get a four day weekend; eat; hang-out with the family; go to the lake; eat and get ready to shop for bargins on Tuesday.

Let's not forget that the real reason for this holiday is to pause and remember that we adopted the Declaration of Independence 229 years ago giving us freedom from tyrany. Please remember in your prayers those that have served, fought and even died giving their lives so that we can enjoy that freedom.

On a personal note:

When you sit down to give thanks at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner tomorrow let's all please say a prayer for the safe return of those that are now serving in harms way, especially Maj. Byron Hobbs (Jan and Jim's son), his wife Shelly and their two little boys. I'm pretty sure that including them in your daily prayers would be much appreciated as well. While you're at it, say one for Jan and Jim too!

Jeff & Lavonne

Comments (4)

  • 21 years ago

    My dear Jeff and Lavonne,
    God sure has blessed us by bringing the two of you into our lives. Thank you for such a beautiful letter to us all. I wrote a letter of thanks to Jan and Jim earlier today for having such a good son that he is willing to protect each of us from harms way. I can think of nothing any harder than to have to give your son or daughter into God's hands in a strange land. I know that God is protecting Bryon and his family.

    It's hard to believe how far our Nation has come in such a very short period of time. We are a young Nation compared to so many in this World, yet we are the World's leaders. When our fathers started this nation, I wonder if they thought that they were starting the stongest nation of the World. Did they know that by believing in the strenght of God, that he would make this Nation so very great? And to think, people actually want to take God out of our Nation. Out of our Nation after he has given to us the greatest stength of the World. We must all stand firm in our beliefs that with God we can do anything and without God, we are nothing.

    Priase to the Lord for all the men and women that are protecting our homes and Nation from evil. Thanks to all the men and women and most especially to all their families for allowing them to be away from their homes on this holiday.

    A very specail thanks to all of the wonderful people that I have had the pleasure to meet and now love from your great state.
    I feel so blessed to have met Jan and Jim and all of my wonderful friends from Tennessee. You are all so very special to David and me.

    I give all the Glory to God and ask for his blessing for all this holiday weekend, Mona

  • 21 years ago

    Amen..

    My thoughts and prayers will be with all the servicemen and women serving far away from their homes and families this 4th of July. Esp...Maj. Byron Hobbs and his family.

    littlebit

  • 21 years ago

    You are so right! I have not met Jan or any of her family but you can just tell she and others on here share Christ in their lives with others. I have been warned we are not to mention these things on this forum but I see you all have.
    Please know that I am proud of my Country. I pray every night for all the men and women and their families..for their safe return and for us as Americans to help meet the need of those families left without proper funds to meet their needs.
    merriss

  • 21 years ago

    Happy 4th to everyone. Jan and Jim, your son and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am very thankful to be able to call you all my friends, and that goes for you too Jeff and Lavonne and all the other wonderful folks I have met here on GW. Have a safe and happy holiday.

    Cheryl, Aric and Catie

Sponsored