Software
Houzz Logo Print
boomothergoose_gw

Oak Leaf Hydrangea Help!!

21 years ago

This past spring I bought several large (burlap balled) Oak Leaf Hydrangeas from the John Deer company here locally. Most of them have been gorgeous; full of leaves and blooms top to bottom. One the them, the one that I am using as a single focal point specimen that is right up in the front of my yard, does not look near as good. The leaves only came out at the top and it stayed bare and twiggy looking half-way and to the bottom. The blooms are also about half the size.

I was told from JD that the plants are not guaranteed and I can't get an exchange.;~( Do you think it will come back better next year? Should I try pruning or cutting it down late winter to see if I can get better growth next season?

Any help GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus