Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
summeronmymind_gw

Photos, banana trees, Spring fever

summeronmymind
18 years ago

I've been off the GW for awhile now, but my garden is waking up and I'm in the mood to get back out there. Y'all are always sharing photos, and somebody tried to tell me how to do it once before. Are there a few simple steps to using my digital camera to take pictures to share on GW?

My tropicalesque garden was wonderful last season, and I look forward to bigger and better things this year.

To kick off the season with a question: Tall basjoo bananas soared above my garage last summer and, for the first time ever, I didn't cut them back for the winter. The old stalks (some of which are 15 feet high, at least) are waving in the breeze and some green is way up there (instead of Springtime green sprouting at the 4-foot level, where I usually cut the whole trunk for the winter). I am hoping to get the old leaves trimmed off and get these things to take off at a much higher level than usual for this time of year. Any wisdom would be appreciated.

I am also bracing myself as a Tetrapanax steroidal giant is going to wake up back there any time...

Comments (4)

Sponsored