Software
Houzz Logo Print
ladybug1_gw

Caryopteris

20 years ago

I bought one of these early this summer and planted it. I kept seeing them in the catalogs, saw one last year at the nursery, and really liked them. It has grown very nicely and is blooming like crazy. But, I have noticed the leaves yellowing from the bottom and working its way up the shrub. Leaves are still on the plant, they are just turning yellow. I have not really addressed the problem yet because I am not sure what the problem is. The soil where I planted it is not the best in the world. One side of the plant is up against mushroom compost, with a fair amount of sand in it for drainage. The rest is up against primarily clay. I am thinking the clay is probably the problem, but I am not sure.

I will have a little time off work in a couple weeks and figure that if I need to dig up the clay and put some mushroom compost there it would be a good time. We are finally getting some rain and it is not unbearably hot now. I wanted to wait for cooler weather before I started digging it up and replanting. I have another one I want to put in the ground as well. Basically, I am redoing that part of the garden. I just like these plants so much I want to make sure they are happy.

Comments (2)

Sponsored