Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybug37091

A huge MTPS Thank you!!!

ladybug37091
14 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so greatful for all the support that was handed out so freely at the swap yesterday. I was sure I was going to be lynched after taking over as director. Jeff is such a wonderful person and had been our director for so long. I was very uncomfortable stepping into his shoes. Then came the bad weather report and the tables bit the dust. I thought here is your sign. lol. Well, as it turns out the weather was nippy but better than I expected. My trooper swap buddies stepped up with the extra tables and mass quantities of delicious food too. Mariane shows up with a heater to cozy up to. Jeff covered all signs of orange on his body but was there supporting and helping me under the radar, incognito. What a great friend you are Jeff! Kathy did a fabulous job as our speaker. I loved the box that was passed around for all to see. Thank you ten times over to all the folks that donated to our swap fund! The generousity displayed at yesterdays swap is going to make our Spring swap very comfortable! In fact not only are we going to have a pavillion with power and (fireplace if needed), I got a really cool lead on a speaker that is sure to dazzle. Thank you all so very much for making my first swap as director a warm, fuzzy experience!

Comments (7)

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

Rhonda, thank you so much for being our new director! You did an awesome job and gave us a wonderful swap. :) I'm having a great time today planting all the wonderful stuff I came home with! (Well, not ALL of it...it's going to take a while to get all that monkey grass in!)

I really hated that we missed Kathy's presentation...if there was ever one I'd have liked to hear, that was it. :( But Mom was needed to help set up a master gardener event yesterday afternoon, and I admit the cold got the best of me.

I'm excited about the pavilion next time! I must have also missed the request for donations. Let me know if you need some $$. BTW, my email at home seems to be working again :)

• cannahavana
    14 years ago

I missed you guys! Doug and I are notorious for not coming to the fall swap, but I was looking forward to being there for your first hooray. I had a load of indoor plants to give away. I had surgery last month and a one day trip to Nashville and back to Knoxville would have worn me out. I WILL be there in the Spring!

Rebecca

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Yea, I agree with connie. Thanks so much, Rhonda, for being our new director! It was a wondeful, smooth-going swap, despite the cold & I know everyone there had a ton of fun. =) I would like to contribute to the Spring swap covered building fund, still. I just didn't have any cash on me at the swap. You want me to send you a check or do you need cash? Please let me know, as I want to help out.

Thanks - Steve

• new-gardener123
    14 years ago

I want to contribute too. I missed that announcement but I didn't have any cash one me. Rhonda, I can send a check or bring you cash now or in the spring.

Rebecca

• ladybug37091
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bec, You were there in spirit supporting me from the websight. You have been very good to us. I hope your recovery is a speedy one! Anybody that missed the hat passing will have a chance to catch it at the Spring swap. Rhonda

• paperart
    14 years ago

You did a great job, Rhonda. I just knew we were going to freeze to death but it wasn't as bad as I had feared. I took home some really nice plants even tho I had sworn I didn't need a single new plant. I'll post teh links to propagation sites this weekend - I promise.

Here is a link that might be useful: garden tips

• tngreenthumb
    14 years ago

paperart: "I took home some really nice plants even tho I had sworn I didn't need a single new plant."

Wow...that sounds SO familiar. *grin*