Software
Houzz Logo Print
mlwgardener

Wishing I was there!

20 years ago

Hello to all my wonderful Tennessee garden friends. I sure am going to miss seeing all of you at the swap Saturday. I've just had so much thrown my way this fall that I just can not make it up there. I'm setting here drooling over ya'lls trade list and I really would love to hear Marty's talk on Propagation. Hey Marty, you could type up your notes and send them to me!

Joe, I'll be chompping at the bit to see your pictures, so when you get home, in between moving, packing, unupacking and all that wonderful stuff, hurry up on the pictures!

See Jeff, I can still be pushy, even when I'm sad.

I'm setting here listening to the frogs and all the other night creatures and it sure does remind me of the cabin we stay in when we come up. If ya'll see James and Anne Anderson at the swap, someone tell them we really are sorry we can't come, but plan on being there in the Spring, with bells on!!! I have well over 200 daylily seedlings growing in my greenhouse and another 300 or so seeds waiting to germinate. Some are from 2002,03,04 and even 05 parents. I might bring one or two next spring, maybe, if the idea of swapping a potiental winner doesn't cause me to be greedy. It's sure like gambling, just only with plants, you get the same feelings and, well, that could be a bad thing, but it sure is fun!

Jeff, I have white crinums and red crinums and if you got something different, you'd better save me one!

Oh yes, I have white, pink, and gold Brugs, anyone with different ones, please save me some cuttings. I'd sure be willing to send postage or something to trade!

I treasure each of you in my heart. You are some of the best people that I've ever had the good fortune to meet. If I keep this up, I'll be catching the next truck to Tenn. I love you guys and I'm already planning on the Spring Swap. Take care and be sure to start the Swap with a prayer. Love to you all, Mona

Comments (4)

  • 20 years ago

    OH Mona I am feeling the same way !!! I remember last spring it was the thought of buying gas for the 5 1/2 hour drive that almost kept me home, and now that business is doing so well I could easily swing that, it's the very fact that business is doing so well that I can't come ! And I sooo need a break and the peacefulness of that river. I am going to miss you all so much, as will Catie and Aric of course. I'm going to be sad all day Saturday knowing what I'm missing. I will absolutely be there this coming spring , and I'm already potting up things to bring. Seems like if I don't see all of you twice a year, at the least, it isn't right !! We just love you all !!

    Cheryl

  • 20 years ago

    It's not even 6:00 AM and I'm up because there's so much to do today before heading out this afternoon trying to beat sunset and get my tent set up, and here I start the day with sad news. I'm heading to the grocery in a little while to buy the ingredients for Earthquake Cake, Marshmallows, Hershey Bars, and Graham Crackers, a package of Hot Dogs and Buns, and whatever else looks good for tonight and tomorrow night by the campfire.

    Half of the fun of the swap (if not more) is getting together with friends, chatting, giggling, and maybe some serious discussions thrown in. It's not going to be the same without Mona & David, and Cheryl, Catie and Aric. We're all going to miss you. Isn't there SOME way you can make it? If not, we're going to have some serious catching up to do in the spring!

    Virginia

  • 20 years ago

    Dang, ya'll are bumming me out! I hate it that Lavonne can't come with me and it stinks that I'm going to a Swap knowing that I'm not going to see the rest of you guys. Renee and her Mom aren't coming either. Ya'll will be there in our hearts and we will be thinking (and talking) about you. ;-)

    Mona our prayers are with you guys.

  • 20 years ago

    I'm bummed out too Jeff. You guys know that this is a good time for me business wise, and how much I needed this , but thinking how I'd be loading up the Van and heading out early tomorrow to get my camping spot *sigh*. Well listen, have a good time and I'll just be better prepared for the spring swap. Virginia, we'll just have to email like crazy to catch up.

    Cheryl

Sponsored