Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flo9_gw

Roundup spraying on veggie garden

flo9
9 years ago

Anyone know the extents of danger on this happening to eat the food?

The apt complex hired a company to spray this on grass and other places before applying pine straw to perm ruin grass ( very unnecessary!!!!!!! And it looks super UGLY now). They sprayed this less than an inch to my container garden on my patio and I could spell it inside my home with patio door open... and there's a hill infront of patio.... I know it by the wind some got on my radishes, pea and bean plants... plus I could smell it heavily inside my place.

They all are swearing up a storm I won't be harmed by it to eat anything in my containers growing... 2 or so month old radish plants... pea and bean plants about 8 inches tall....... the owner of landscape place told me it only works for 2 hours and washes away. I see on roundup website it works for a year.

The maintance man told me a friend of his drank a full glass of this thinking it was water and didn't get sick.......... okay, who would have this pesticide in a drinking glass???? What crap is he making up???

Everything I've learned in past.... you NEVER use pesticides to kill weeds in a garden nor use that soil for it can kill you.

Anyone know further info and if they've used this product in their veggie garden?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!