Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keilamarie_gw

Awesome Escape!

keilamarie
18 years ago

Hello!

I heard my husband yell to me, "the feeder the feeder!" I knew what this ment...so I run over to the window slowing down before I'm in view and peer around the curtain...WOAH! A very large hawk was just sitting on top of our feeder without moving a muscle! I'm of course fumbling around for the camera (battery was dead!) then he flew to a tree in our yard. I go to the window my hubby's at so I have a better look, so impressive looking! Not a bird was in site...except one! A small white breasted nut hatcher was on our small open feeder but I thought he looked dead he was laying down kind of pointed towards the ground. He was getting ready for the great escape and on it went! The hawk saw him move a bit and flew right at him, the white breasted nuthatcher and the hawk proceed to take part in one of the best airial dsplays I've seen yet! After tons of swoops and spins the little bird took a nose dive toward the ground stopping just short of a hit the bigger bird could not keep on his tail and he was gone!

Best escape I've ever seen...damm those batteries!

It must have been a kooper's hawk what a site! Here is a picture of the feeder without the hawk just so you can see! It is a large feeder and squirrel proof tons of fun!

{{gwi:1344675}}
Keilamarie

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH