Ecopsychology
I was reading an article in The Utne Reader which used a term I had never heard before - ecopsychology. (http://www.utne.com/webwatch/2005_199/news/11665-1.html)
A google search of the term produced 39,800 hits. I looked at the first hit, ecopsychology.org, who have a journal online. One of the articles discusses the origins and focus of ecopsych. I'm usually skeptical of anything that hints of pop psychology, but I thought some of it was worth thinking about. This quote is interesting.
"The one discipline that, sad to say, has hitherto remained virtually untouched by any concern for the environment or the human-to-nature relationship is psychology. You will search in vain in the texts and journals of any of the major schools of psychologyÂclinical, behaviorist, cognitive, physiological, humanistic or transpersonalÂfor any theory or research concerning the most basic fact of human existence: the fact of our relationship to the natural world of which we are a part."
Any thoughts on whether your relationship with nature is or should be a genuine concern?
Here is a link that might be useful: ecopsych
lilyroseviolet
marshallz10
Related Professionals
New Orleans Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Hannibal Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Corpus Christi Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Killeen Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Lewiston Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Topeka Landscape Contractors · Starkville Landscape Contractors · Jackson Landscape Contractors · Manhattan Landscape Contractors · San Diego Landscape Contractors · Coos Bay Landscape Contractors · Paducah Home Additions · Annapolis Home Additions · Hilton Head Island Home Additions · Ogden Home Additionsalthea_gwOriginal Author
lilyroseviolet
marshallz10
althea_gwOriginal Author
vgkg Z-7 Va
kingturtle
althea_gwOriginal Author
vgkg Z-7 Va
althea_gwOriginal Author
vgkg Z-7 Va
lilyroseviolet
althea_gwOriginal Author
vgkg Z-7 Va
lilyroseviolet
althea_gwOriginal Author