Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sprtphntc7a

miele speed oven h4082 bm

13 years ago

i am strongly considering buying this appl. and would like to know anyone who has it and loves or hates it. its pricey so i want to see what everyone thinks. sounds like miele 30" oven is dicey, so hope this isn't also,

thanks again everyone for all your help!! have a good one!

Comments (6)

• 13 years ago

Even thou I'm an Elux fan, those that have the Miele Speed ovens seem thrilled with them, in fact, at this particular time, I can not recalls a single negative post about them.

Unfortunately, same can not be said about their ovens as it seems there may be some kind of software problem with them---Stay "Tuned" to GW for the latest!!

Gary

• 13 years ago

I've had my Miele speed oven about 3 months now and love it. I forget the model number - I bought a floor model that was "last year's model", so perhaps not the one you are considering. I love the fact that I can use it as a microwave (seems to work well enough as a MW, nothing exceptional), or as an oven, ot to broil. I have not even tried it as an actual speed oven (e.g. combination of MW + bake), and may rarely do so (I'm not a big baked 'tater fan). My baking sheets fit as does a medium size casserole dish. Broiled asparagus on foil with olive oil, salt and pepper? No need to warm up the big oven, just shove it in the Miele - perfect, and they are much easier to keep an eye on. Yep, its a big ticket item, but so far I'm happy with my choice. Jon

• 13 years ago

I just ordered both the speed oven and chef oven. I read good things about the speed oven, so I am confident with that decision. Is there a reason you are getting the master chef over the chef (trying to decide if I should upgrade before they ship it out)?

• 13 years ago

rockybird
    no reason for masater chef over chef.. actually did not know there was a difference, thats just the model # they gave me at store. maybe one is newer?? i will have to look into it myself. too many choices if u ask me... but this oven sounds amazing and super useful in my application, kids and hubby always cooking/heating something and this should eliminate the need for a toaster oven and microw. on counter which is what i have now in my outdated kitchen. always trying to preserve that counter space!! thanks for all your responses, i think this is oven is a keeper, now onto a single oven choice. any suggestions would be great.. looking for 30"

• 13 years ago

I have had a 4080 Speed Oven for about 3 years...and it is THE BEST appliance I have ever owned!! Currently, we have 9 Miele appliances in our home (we actually do not own a single non-Miele appliance). The Speed Oven is the one thing that gets used everyday. I cannot imagine daily life without it. It is an excellent microwave, and a great, great oven. We bake pizza in it, all casseroles, lasagna, cookies, cakes....It heats SO fast, and the temperature is SO even and consistent. I have the big 30" Miele oven as well. It is ok, it looks beautiful below the Speed Oven, but the Speed Oven works so much better than the big Miele oven. I cannot recommend the Speed Oven enough!!!!

• 13 years ago

I was told that the masterchef is 800-900$ more expensive. They look exactly alike. The difference is that the master chef has pre-programed settings. I am not sure what the addtl. features are. THe salesperson said he recommends the chef unless people are cooking pros, than the masterchef.

I bought the chef 30" oven also. I would have preferred the gaggenau but I dont think it matches the miele trim. The miele oven also comes in chef and masterchef with the same differences (I think). I just ordered today, and would like to upgrade the order if necessary.