OLLD 10/25

charleee
11 years ago
Good Morning OLLD Ladies!

Comments (46)

• charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Hi everyone! What's the big plan for today?

Did anyone catch the new Criminal Minds episode last night? I hope it was good, I recorded it and can't wait to watch it!
  • michigammemom
    11 years ago
    How sweet creeser. I've got my fingers crossed for some grandbabies of my own. Please post a photo of the pie safe's new home.
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    michigmmemom, grandbabies are so worth the wait. It's a whole new level of love!
    I will post a photo later today or tomorrow. I have guests coming for the day and need to scrape a level of yuck off the house before they get here.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    creeser! That's so cool about your grandbabby walking! And pretty soon talking and becoming a "real" person. Someone to play with and have fun, and actually reason with!

Michigmmemom, hang in there, you'll have grandbabies soon!
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    creeser, what's going on with the this years characters you don't like?
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    Bobbi, just too many change overs with the cast. Cast leaving. Cast leaving and coming back and leaving again. I find myself looking at all of them for signs another character is about to fly the coop.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Yeah, you're right! I miss Prentiss, but I don't mis Elle or Gideon! I was hoping Reid wouldn't leave and he just signed a 2-year contract so that's taken care of. Love Rossi! He was great in the Money Pit, too. The new girl just has to grow on me I guess, I think she could soften up a bit.
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    I agree with you on all points except for Gideon, I did like his character, but Joe Motegna has grown on me. Sometimes I think I adjust better to a change in male characters on shows than female characters. Perhaps it's how they portray the female characters. Like the new girl on Criminal Minds. Writers seem to push the edges on what they should be. Too hard, too trashy, too goofy. What about a nice middle ground?... but leave out trashy.
    Have you watched Elementary? I'm a bit of a Sherlock Holmes snob, especially when they try to modernize him, but his one is winning me over.
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    Bobbi, re: grandbaby, I find myself so excited to teach her things! As Mom, you get so rushed in your daily routine. As Grandma, I can spend hours just focused on her.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I agree, the women characters could use some improvement, but not Garcia! She's awesome. IMO, Elle was too angry, the black woman (can't remember her name) was a bit bitchy, the blonde (Seaver?) too wimpy. Even JJ's perfection gets on my nerves!!! The new girl seems to have a conflict with Strauss but they haven't expanded on it yet, should be interesting. I love Dr. Reid! I love listening to him go on and on, then he looks like "whoops, took it too far"!!! Did you love the tension between Prentiss and Ian Doyle? What a hubba!
    No, I've never watched Elementary. We have a limited amount of shows we watch, mostly Pawn Stars and American Restoration and Counting Cars, with a little Project Runway thrown in which is getting to be more about drama than fashion. Project Runway All Stars is on tonight and my favorite Andrae Gonzalo will be competing so that's a good one.

Yes, being a Grandma is way better than being a Mom. The bonus is you get to send them home at night and sleep all the way thru without worry! And I love to buy Hurrican Hazel everything she wants, and my hubby loves to teach her weird things, like how to make vampire teeth with french fries.

Ok, this is totally weird. All day yesterday my tooth hardly hurt at all, and today no pain. I even brushed it vigorously, no pain, no bleeding. I'm now thinking maybe it's not my tooth, but maybe a gum inflamation? Whatever it is, I hope it stays getting better!
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    Does it hurt when you bite on it?
    I had sensitivity around a front lower tooth that was off and on like that. The dentist ended up referring me to a periodontist thinking it was a receeding gum line. He told me my gums were fine and after a few questions, told me it was my jaw. Some warm compresses and massaging that joint by your ear and it quit. Is your jaw tight? Is it sore in behind your ear up on your scalp? If so, it could well be your jaw and not the tooth.
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    Did you read on the 'perfect storm' scenario that seems to be brewing? Our Cape Cod buddy is dead center to get the brunt of the storm.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Yes! my jaw is tight and my temple area is sore! The only reason I assumed it was my tooth is because about a week ago I bit down on something hard and I felt the pain all the way down to my toenails. I will try the warm compresses and massaging see if that helps. Creeser, you're the best!
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    It still could be a cracked tooth. That biting something hard will do it. But try loosening up the jaw and let me know how it feels.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    No! I've heard nothing about a perfect storm!!! You mean judyg? Is this like the Perfect Storm movie? Do tell!
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I will def do that and let you know. Thank you so much!
  • feeny
    11 years ago
    Definitely get your jaw looked at when you go to the dentist Bobbi. Years ago I got TMJ and could barely open my mouth. They put me on Advil, and I just ate soup and mush until the little disc popped back into place. Took a few days.

Yes, a big storm is predicted for early next week along the eastern seaboard--leftovers from Hurricane Sandy currently around Cuba. Prepare to batten down the hatches judyg!

Busy day--probably my last check in.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Have fun and thanks again!
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    Bobbi, yes judyg is in the eye of it. It's the leftovers of ts Sandy, I think the front that came through your area when you had rain and a front from Canada, all merging together right on top of the northeast. They specifically mentioned Cape Cod. Anxious to hear from her on here to see what they're expecting.
  • michigammemom
    11 years ago
    Bobbi P, don't ignore the jaw pain. In women particularly it can be associated with heart problems. Take care!
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I promise not to ignore my tooth, if that's what it is, but my appt isn't til next Friday. So if it's cured by then (hopefully!) we'll see. Torture isn't my favorite pasttime! Thank you everyone for your concern and kind thoughts.

Oooh, great big storm! That's so exciting! I am definintely going to keep a jealous eye on this!
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    Bobbi, make sure those warm compresses are moist heat. A wet dish towel or wash cloth in the microwave works well. And take Advil or aspirin! An anti-inflammatory will help a lot.
  • midmodfan
    11 years ago
    I was born in the 1950s, so I do qualify!
    You're all so funny. I'd love to join the 'discussion' but it's hard to be witty in a foreign language.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks creeser! I live on Advil! Somthing is always aching. And I still have no pain today, I'm taking that as a good sign.

Did your guests arrive? Did you get all the yuck scraped off your house? You made me smile when you said that!
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    midmodfan! Yay! Welcome to our girl-fun. What foreign language?
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    Welcome midmodfan! Please join in and don't worry about the language barrier. If we 'say' something you find confusing, just ask. Even in the same country, there are regional nuances that can be difficult to understand.
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    Bobbi, it was my parents and they have come and gone. The top layer of yuck was scraped off and I relied on their bad eyesight not to see the rest. *L*
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Hahaha! I hated when my mother would visit me, she would white glove everything!
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    After they left, I felt a need to cook a hummingbird cake. Y'all ever have one of those? Michegammemom's pomegranite cake for her birthday was a new one on me. That sounded so good I had to find something to bake.
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    Mom and I are about the same level when it comes to housekeeping. We have a hard and fast rule. She doesn't mention my yuck and I don't mention her's. *L*
  • midmodfan
    11 years ago
    Bobbi: I am German. Thank you for your welcome!

creeser: Thanks!
  • michigammemom
    11 years ago
    Creeser I will only assume that your cake does not truly include hummingbirds as the main ingredient:)
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    michigammemom, just the wings! *L* It has crushed pineapple, mashed bananas, cinnamon and pecans. Then frosted with a cream cheese frosting. That ought to be enough fruit to entice a hummingbird.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    creeser! That's a great rule! I love it!

No, I haven't tried Hummingbird cake or Pommegranite cake, but I do make a mean Pastel de Tres Leches!

midmodfan, I've real almost all your posts, I never would have guessed English was not your first language! Were you born in Germany? Your English is excellent, no worries!

michigammemom, eeew!!!
  • creeser
    11 years ago
    Bobbi, yummy! Anything 'tres leches' has GOT to be good!
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    creeser, it IS good! Tastes like ice cream! No calories, of course.....
  • midmodfan
    11 years ago
    Bobbi, yes I was born in Germany and never lived anywhere else.
    But we do spend one month per year in the US.

Your cake sounds great. Love that it has no calories. *lol*
  • michigammemom
    11 years ago
    Wie gehts midmodfan!
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Well, midmodfan, I can tell you without a doubt that your English and grammar and spelling are perfect! Way better than my German! Where in the US to you visit?
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    $4,000.00!!! Geez, tipi, that's my home improvement budget for a lifetime! I'm glad your cleaning went painlessly, sorry about your bone. I refuse to do root canals, just pull the damn thing and get it over with. They don't last forever anyway! Hope mine goes half as smoothly!
  • elcieg
    11 years ago
    10:30 here and we just got home! I haven't been up this late since New Year's Eve 2001. I was invited to a seminar by the fellow who does all the window treatments for my(few) clients who have $ to spend. It was interesting, presented by a fellow who travels the East Coast for Hunter Douglas. Were I ASID I would have earned a credit.
    The topic was The 12 Reasons to Hire A Professional Decorator. I don't qualify (nor did I get most of the points), but I was flattered to be included. It was held in a 1800 Greek Revival House that was beautifully decorated with antiques and all the rooms were painted (BM Auro matte in Historic colors, beiges, light grey greens like Hancock and blues like Stratton.). I went with my friend who is ASID and is the interior designer for one of the highest rated resorts in the country! Often she asks me to work for her if the work load is huge. I'll include the link.

Then my daughter was here for the day (she is off tomorrow for D C to run in the marathon). My friend and I met our hubbies and my daughter after the seminar and had dinner at the fabulous French restaurant. Yummy.

Then home and couldn't wait to find out what was going on with you all today.

Expecting a storm here. Not looking so good right now. Off to Art's reunion on Saturday and then will decide what to do with all the deck furniture that is still outside because we have had such a wonderful Fall.

http://www.wequassett.com/

We can walk to the Wequassett. It truly is a beautiful spot. There are several dining options, my favorite is to sit out at the outer bar right on the Bay. After supper you move over to that fire pit and have a coffee or a night cap. My friend has chosen all the furniture, rugs, paints, wallpapers, tile, window treatments there for years. She has done a magnificent job. (I chose the basket weave surround for the fireplace in the Round Cove Suite). When you all come to the Cape this is where you are staying and I will be your tour guide. You will love it so much you will want to stay forever.

Bobbi, thanks for answering the question on the blue ceiling. Is that true about the bugs?
  • olldroo
    11 years ago
    Hi, ladies, GG joining in. This looks like so much fun. Have to get back later, have had a big day today but the Old Boy has just ducked to the shops so came online to quickly check things out.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Well, Judyg, you sure had a busy day! It sounds like you had a lot of fun with your friend and your daughter and hubbies! And that resort looks yummy, "when" we come to the Cape we'll def stay there. We'll all try to make it in time for the storm! I'm so jealous, you guys get all the good weather.

I don't know about the bugs and the blue ceiling, it was in that ideabook I think Becky wrote it. Bugs and evil spirits!

groovygranny! So glad you could join us, been waiting for you! We do this every day so chime in anytime. I think Austrailia is about 12 hours ahead, something like that?
  • olldroo
    11 years ago
    Back again, but I guess you guys are all asleep by now. Would you be on LA time Bobbi? I add 6 hours and take off a day to convert to your time so it is 9 pm Friday here which means it is 3 am Thursday your time. At least while I am around you know you will have a tomorrow - hahaha!!!

Hope you are feeling better, you said your temple area is sore, does it really hurt to press your eyebrows? If so, you could have sinus, that affects the jaw too, can even get to the point all your teeth ache. Can also include headaches and if really bad if you put your head down, you feel like the top of your head will blow off. I have only ever had 3 attacks and each one came on differently so it has always been hard to pick it.

So do you start a new discussion each day or does this continue? I haven't explored this section of Houzz, too busy trying to find house things and ideas, colour schemes, etc. etc. Thought renovating would be fun, really, shouldn't spending money (with the male actually encouraging me) and buying all the things you have wanted for years be fun?? It is all getting way to hard, my brain feels like it is ready to burst and I am doing the stupidest things, it gets embarrassing. Had my car serviced a week ago and each day it has been hot I have put the fan on and the air almost burns me. Don't know how many times I have checked and double checked to make sure I had everything set properly but couldn't find the problem. Took it back to the mechanic yesterday - they had put the heater on to change the coolant and it was still on!!! It was so obvious when I looked, but I had checked it so many times, Lord knows where my brain is.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    gg, yes we start a new thread daily! But we'll finish this one for now. Wow! Yep, we're on LA time but it's 3 am Friday not Thursday (No I don't want to do Thursday again!) so if it's 9 pm Friday there that makes us 15 hours behind you guys.

And yes, my temple, my jaw, my gums, everything on the right side of my head is sore. And sinuses have been insane, I had the same migraine everyday for four months. Saw the doctor, gave me migraine meds, no help. Finally figured out artificial sweeteners were the culprit so I cut those out. I guess it's my stupid tooth and I will need to see the dreaded dentist. Thanks for asking!

I do know exactly what you mean, shopping and spending money is a lot of fun....for a little while, then it gets tiresome! And do you have a tendency to try to do too much of the decorating and planning and plotting ? That gets old fast too! It takes a toll on your brain, no wonder you missed the heater thing, you're just distracted.

So make sure you join us at least once a day, ok? I'm going to start the new days thread now, see you there?