Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

my Fall decor

14 years ago

Well, think I'm done. If not, I quit. LOL

I decided to start a new album on Photobucket for this year's Fall decor and my upcoming Christmas decorating.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Fall decor

Comments (23)

• 14 years ago

Karen, everything looks so nice. I particularly love all of your kitchen decorations. The stacked plates and the chandalier are wonderful. It makes me wish I wasn't such a messy cook. I don't think I could ever have a nice kitchen display like that. I seem to cook all over the place. I love your front porch too. - Gail

• 14 years ago

It all looks beautiful Karen. Love the way your platters, plates and fall items look on that counter--great way to display them. Your stacked plates turned out wonderful and I like the chandy decorations too. Your porch looks very cute as always--will make anyone who walks up there smile. :o)

Now you've made me feel guilty--I only have my outside decorations done--been procrastinating on the inside ones as usual. Guess I'll have to get "with it" this week. LOL

Love the idea of a separate album, sure looks great!

Luvs

• 14 years ago

Karen,
    I really like the way you display your turkey plates and platters. You seem to have some sort of plate rail on your counter. Can you tell us just what that is? Is it permanent or temporary? Is it ceramic or wood?
    Thanks, OA

• 14 years ago

Karen, you did a great job! I can see why you are tired..
    It must be hard to get in the Fall mood with your temps as high as they are..
    I give you a lot of credit..
    And your/our cloche in the BATHROOM! My, my...

It looks warm and inviting..maybe warm isn't a good word for AZ! :)
    Beautiful album....
    Your porch looks great too!
    My decs are still a work in progress!

• 14 years ago

What a great and varied collection of Autumn decs, Karen! Your porch looks so pretty and inviting. So what's with all the (wonderful) greyhound statues? At least, that's what I think they are. They're lovely! Do you have a real furkid greyhound, as well?
    Lynn

• 14 years ago

Wow Karen..youre decoratons look so nice, both inside and out! I love the look of your Turkey Platters and Fall decorations in your kitchen. How are those Platters mounted? I also like how you decorated your chandy and I agree, your porch is really inviting. You've got so many cute things. I remember those 'tipsy pots'... and I love the look...such a great idea.
    Well, looks like I better get with the program..too many of you are well into Fall, and I'm still 'getting to it' !! lol

jane

• 14 years ago

Thank you, Ladies. Would you mind giving me some input on that tall floral I just made with the two white pumpkins?
    Does it look "over-done" with so much tall floral on it? I had seen something similar for sale, but it just had some ting-ting for height and was a much 'lighter' look than mine. I'm just not sure and need some discussion here.

OA, my home-made plate rail on back of the counter can be removed. Its just a small piece of wood molding that I put glue (GE Silicone II, clear) on about 4 places to hold it down.) A razor blade slips right under and removes it.
    That type of glue is so strong, its what we use on all our Garden Junk outside, and love it. Its for 'doors and windows' but works great on any glass or tile and other things.
    Oh, also realized I'm not done. Darn it. I bought stuff to make a little swag to hang over the inside of my front door. I have a Xmas one but never had a Fall one.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful:

• 14 years ago

Karen,
    Your fall decor looks wonderful - if you dont call that done, I dont what I would call my decor; mine is not even a tenth of yours! I love love the acorn elf and your idea of a plate rail on the counter. Thats very smart. I might have to steal that idea. The green turkey(?)/bird bowl on your kitchen counter is fantastic.

I loved the stacked pumpkins too - thats a great idea.

Mo

• 14 years ago

Mo, our darling Luvs here thought I needed a "day brightner" and she sent me the Acorn Elf along with the little acorn S&P shakers.
    I found that green turkey dish on eBay earlier this year.

I put together the swag while ago, so NOW I'm done. LOL.
    I bought the grapevine swag at Michaels and just added a garland, some berries, and one floral pick to fill it out more.
    {{gwi:1438137}}

hugs, Karen

• 14 years ago

Very nice decs! I'm now on the lookout for turkey platters/plates (among other things). I think my mom got me a white one, but I told her to keep it for me until I needed it. Now she's trying to remember where she put it!
    That's a great idea about the silicone glue. Thanks for sharing.
    I love your pumpkin with the floral arrangement. I still can't find a "cheap" one of those faux pumpkins. Even 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby, they're still about $13! I wonder if those will get marked down more? I love your stacked pumpkins, too!

• 14 years ago

Karen, all of your fall decorating is terrific! It is so nice to see what others do to add some fall flavour to their homes. It is funny that even before I read all the comments, I knew the first thing I wanted to comment on was your white pumpkin display by your bedroom! I thought it was lovely and then when I read that you made it, I was really impressed. I really like that look and using the white pumpkins makes it more unique. It is not "overdone" at all! I also love your turkey platters on display in your kitchen beside that big "Tom turkey" ?tureen/?cookie jar. I would never have thought turkey plates/platters could make such a strong decorative statement. Well done, Karen and especially when you don't always feel well!

DD

• 14 years ago

Karen,
    Your fall decorations turned out great. I too like your new white pumpkin arrangement and I really like the bathromm being decorated. You have the perfect vanity for that. I'm really enjoying seeing all the fun displays on this forum.

Punk

• 14 years ago

Oh Thank you Guys so much. You really make me feel good about my decorating. Punk, I never decorated the main bathroom in other houses we lived, but as you said, this vanity is perfect. So big and roomy.

I am so glad my white pumpkin floral thing looks ok afterall. I've been wondering if I should redo it. Glad you don't think so.

Cindylouhoo, I bought quite a few of the faux pumpkins in white and orange right after Thanksgiving when Michaels put them on sale last year. Otherwise they are kind of pricey.
    Oh, I stuck two thin metal rods between the two pumpkins.
    On my stacked pumpkins on the hearth, I cut a hole in the bottom of each and just sat it on top of the other one's stem. I didn't glue them or anything. I saw this idea last year some place and had to save it to use.

Here's the link to the Etsy seller who had the neat "Pumpkin Tower" that inspired me to do my white ones.
    I love this one she shows, its a lot smaller but so pretty.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: pumpkin tower on Etsy

• 14 years ago

I must say that I enjoyed looking at your pictures. The decorations are beautiful, Karen! I love the garland on the wall. The little scarecrows on the porch are so cute!

And those lovely dogs match the theme of the Fall decorations. That's really splendid and I had the sensation of being in the house of a lady just before the opening of the yearly hunting season!

One couldn't think you're in Arizona... everything looks so... Fall!

• 14 years ago

Karen, every roon looks so pretty. I especially like the room with your chandelier and the stacking plates & also your fireplace, but I tell you that every year. Your fireplace is sooooo pretty & I think it just lends itself to the fall decor on it.

That is a really pretty fall garland you made too. I think I have one somewhere, will dig it out after I take down my Halloween decor, thanks for reminding me!

• 14 years ago

Karen,
    I love your mantel and the arrangement in the pumpkin on the hearth. That's a really clever idea to do up a "plate rail" like you have for your backsplash--I'm going to steal that idea--let's see--I have ONE Thanksgiving plate...oh well, maybe I'll have to do some shopping first :)

I hope you get some nippy weather there to go along with your great fall decs.

- Magpie

• 14 years ago

Everything looks wonderful and fall-y!

I wish I could do 'something' with our powder room that guests use. There's no counter in there, just a pedestal sink, toilet and a cabinet above the toilet. I've run out of time to get it done before Saturday--when my garden lady friends will be coming over to see my new house and yard. (and help me develop plan for it in exchange for alcohol and food)

hmm.. maybe I can find some little something for the back of the toilet? I have some fall finger towels but no way to set them out. I think I'll sew some ribbon loops on them to hang them on the towel hook.

I envy all you ladies who can decorate every room in the house! One day I'll get there too. :)

• 14 years ago

Melvalena, Congrats on your new house and yard. Bet you will have lots of fun settling in and making it special. Just hang out here and you will see lots of great ideas f or using and displaying decorations and dishes! And be sure to share pics with us of your treasures as you unpack and decorate too--I guarantee it will make you feel good! ;o)

Luvs

• 14 years ago

Karen,

I can't believe I enjoyed all of your eye candy and didn't leave a comment. I must have been on those good drugs the Dr gave me!! :o)

I love it all. And I like your tall pumpkin arrangement better than the inspiration one. Using the white pumpkins kicked it up a notch. Even though I'm not familiar with ting-ting.

I will be stealing... I mean "Borrowing" the rail idea when I finally get enough platters to display. I have one cheap plastic one (does that count?) and DH bought me a white Martha Stewart platter with the raised turkey pattern.

I saw a huge beautiful turkey similar to your turkey cookie jar that I fell in love with today at TJ MAXX, but where in the world would I store it? I don't have a basement, attic, or garage.
    Every closet, cabinet, corner, under every bed, and behind the sofa is piled up full!!

I love your fireplace and what neat bathroom decorations! I could go on and on.

You sure make me tired just looking at all of your hard work.

Betty

• 14 years ago

My head is just swelling right up with all the compliments!
    Thank you so much.
    Prosperity, its so great to hear from you! Hope you and your son are doing good. Loved your comment on the dog stuff.
    Oh, Lynn, I forgot to answer you. I have Whippets. 7 of them. They look same as greyhounds basically, just half the size. I've been showing them for over 35 yrs. There's a link to an album of my dogs and cats on my front page at Photobucket. I haven't been able to show the last two years, so may have been forced into retiring thanks to the Fibromyalgia. But all the Whippets are spoiled rotten pets any way. LOL. And I have a huge collection of statues, over 300 in all. I've been collecting them for 30 yrs.

Melvalena (what a PRETTY name!), can you drape some Fall garland around your cabinet? I have a small bowl with little faux pumpkins and gourds on back of my toilet, and two little orange candles. It just adds some color there.

Betty, the ting ting comes in a cellophane bundle at Michaels, and sometimes Dollar Tree has it I think. It just adds a little extra to any floral arrangement. At Xmas you can find it in gold or silver and sparkly.

hugs, Karen

• 14 years ago

Thanks for answering my question, Karen. I was starting to think you were mad at me or something ;^D
    Whippets? How wonderful! They're beautiful dogs. My friend, who was DS's teacher in grade school, breeds and shows Tibetan Spaniels. That's where we got our Chloe. Breeding and showing is very rewarding, she tells me, but a lot of hard work, too. And you have seven furkids? Awwwwww! I need to go look at your pics of them. So where do you display over 300 statues? That's amazing!
    Lynn

• 14 years ago

Lynn....with 300 whippet-greyhound statues, and over 100 of the Trail of Painted Pony statues, plus my collection of rabbit statues...the answer to your question of where do I display them, is EVERYWHERE. LOL.
    Here's the link to my living-room and family-room photos.
    In all I have 10 china cabinets and curio cabinets. One here in my den, one in my spare bedroom turned study, but most all of them are in the livingroom and familyroom!
    Yes, I know I'm nuts. LOL

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: my livingroom and familyroom

• 14 years ago

During Christmas, I put garland above the mirrors, so I decided why not do some Fall garland there too.

{{gwi:1438138}}

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions