Software
Houzz Logo Print
hrhsusan

Kashmir white granite needs a backsplash!

13 years ago
All comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Comments (24)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    My eye is immediately drawn to the one on the left in the second picture. My fear however would be that in larger quantity it would look busy. I like the tone with your cabinets and countertop.
  • 13 years ago
    I'd keep looking for backsplash tile, the choices that your showing have an awful lot of grout to clean. Were any of the 3 available in a larger format tile
  • 13 years ago
    I like the one on the right, seems to have warm tones like the floor
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I would not worry so much about how much grout is to clean there are great alternative grouts to the old cement based grouts. I don't like any of the choices you have shown. I would either do same stone as the counter or find a tile or stone that plays well with the floor and wood work trying not to add another color. Keeping it light would be nice with the dark cabs. As I final note if the counter wrapped up the walls as a splash that would be very nice.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Second picture far right!
  • 13 years ago
    If these are the only back splashes you can afford with in your budget, i really liked the one on the far right in the first picture. Like vsegura said it does have the nice warm tones to it. Check out:
    Stainless Steel Range · More Info

    Kitchen shelving & cabinets · More Info

    Culinary Artistry · More Info

    GOOD LUCK!
  • 13 years ago
    Out of the three ,i do like the extreme right in 2nd pic.

    The subway style 3x6' i guess.....

    As vsegura' mentioned it has warm tones, and les. Traffic......

    Where did u find that beautiful style of the tile
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I'm not really loving any of the choices. But I vote for the one on the right, second picture.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    We have Kashmir White counters and chose to spend a bit more on our tile budget. We used Quemere 1x6 tiles in a subway pattern. The tile color was Ice Cream and we ordered it in the crackle finish. We didn't want the backsplash to compete with the busy countertop patterns. Good luck.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    One more pic
  • 13 years ago
    We also have the Kashmir White granite and dark stain cabinets. For the backsplash, we are considering 3x12 white glass tiles.
  • 13 years ago
    I'd go with a white subway tile. The two you have picked in my opinion will get old fast.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Hi---
    You have different undertones here so you do need a backsplash which can pull all the hues together. I suggest a stone glass mixed tile and a warm wall color... The first pic is a color palette and inspiration for your kitchen. Hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

    [houzz=][houzz=
    Guest Bedroom in Modern Victorian · More Info
    ][houzz=][houzz=][houzz=
    Glass & Stone Mosaic on Sale · More Info
    ]
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi,

    I have to be honest and say that I don't really like the choices you have in your picture. I would recommend choosing (as Natalie said above) a glass/natural stone combination. There are many selections available that would look nice...possibly a very light gray subway or linear type style.

    Good Luck!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I agree with Advantage.....go with something similar in color to your granite, so it does not compete. A Subway crackle would look beautiful!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi hrhsusan, I have a few selections for you that I matched to Kashmir White granite. The first two are examples that combine grey/cool tones from the granite with the warmth of the cabinets and warm flecks in the granite. The last two are a more bold choice. I would have to see a close up of your actual slab to be sure, but most slabs of Kashmir White that I have seen have reddish brown flecks. Using a red or burgundy in the backsplash would be a nice accent color for your kitchen, but may not be your style. If you see something close but would like to make tweaks, we can help you customize a design as well!
  • 13 years ago
    Kashmir white granite, full height backsplash. All the mosaics are too busy and look cheap in comparison to your granite.
  • 13 years ago
    I am redoing my kitchen, we have the same dark cabinets, kashmir white granite. We can't figure out paint/backsplash/tile, it is still a blank slate, if any of you see this; you were great help with her question and I was hoping you could help me out as well!
    Thanks in advance!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Old posts don't get any attention. Start your own thread and put pictures of your room in it.
  • 13 years ago
    Definitely start your own design discussion, Danielle, otherwise everyone is going to get confused about which question we are answering and which kitchen we are discussing. But we'll all be happy to help.
  • 13 years ago
    I would look for one with more color, more pop, something that ties in other colors in the house.
    If I have to choose one of these I would say the one on the right in the first picture, but really think you need color.
  • 13 years ago
    Would you consider a solid mirror splashback?
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Ignore this thread as it is seven months old and already resolved. It was mistakenly revived by another poster.