Software
Houzz Logo Print
cookingrvc_gw

RECIPE: Now about that Joyofbaking.com site...

22 years ago

Well, that site will be the reason some folks on Long Island (and Maryland) are going to put on a few pounds.

Ginger noted the site last week and there are some very nice recipes there. I made the Pecan Custard tart and the Apple Tart with a cream cheese filling.

Being the novice (read that: lousy) baker that I am, I didn't bring the tart crust all the way up the pan. When I poured the custard mixture in, it overflowed and went under the tart pan, spilling onto the cookie sheet below and, um, burning. The tart was good, but I had to leave the word 'custard' out of my little sign at the office.

The apple cheese tart was the first to go, quite delicious. I doubled the filling and cooked it a bit longer and at a lower temp since the crust started to um, burn and the middle was still jiggling a bit.

Because I had so many recipes laying on the counter, I managed to also make a two crust pate brisee that I didn't need. What is wrong with me! They're in the freezer for another time.

Definately try the site. Good stuff.

Thanks Ginger.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Joyofbaking.com

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida