Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tache_gw

telephone-answering machine

TACHE
15 years ago

I'm not sure if this the right forum for this but you all here have given really good advice so redirect me if needs be, please. We've had $200 ones and $30 and they worked about equally. The $30 lasted longer but it is about to give up the ghost. Is there a recommended brand? What should I look for? What should I expect to pay? We don't need anything special. Just answers,plays a message and takes a message and doesn't fall apart. Thank you for your help. Tache

Comments (3)

• jdbillp
    15 years ago

The last couple I've had were built into the phone. But, I had one similar to the GE for years before that and it worked just fine.

Here is a link that might be useful: click here

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    15 years ago

For the home I too have found a very cheap GE phone with built in answering machine to be quite satisfactory.

In the home we don't test the limits of the thing, how many messages, how long can the messages be, that sort of thing.

• TACHE
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for your help. I took your advice and got a very cheap one. The GE. If it doesn't last very long it won't be very terrible. If things fall apart it is better for them to be cheap than expensive. Thanks for steering me in the right direction....Tache