0

Anyone used Coretec?

joygreenwald

I have searched and searched, but I haven't seen any threads talking about Coretec--tons of other LVP info but nothing about Coretec. We are looking for something interlocking in a blue/ gray plank. The aren't many, or almost any, other options. These look promising, but I'd love some real unbiased information. One of the only other options I can find its a Karndean plank, but it's glue down.

Anyone? Thanks!

Comments (3.6K)

Has anyone installed Coretec Wheldon Oak by chance? If so, could you post pictures. Thank you!

• Dave

I'm looking for pictures of Coretec Medora Oak. I like the look of the sample but I can't find any photos? Thanks.

• dsciontijr

I am looking for 6.5 or wider plank, without a lot of variations in colors...ie:light and dark. I am looking for a more uniformed look and one that is less active...if that makes sense.???

any advice would be great! thank you

• T J

Thanks to everyone who's shared their experiences with installing Coretec. So far, that is the only item (that I like) that can go over my glued down eng. hardwoods (came with the house) without causing issues under doors, fridge, etc. Does anyone happen to have an image of the Calypso Oak? I have a sample from the company and saw a multiple plank sample in the store. I think this color is quite monotone, which is what I'm looking for. Please correct me if I'm mistaken about that. Thanks for any advice or images!

I have Coretec installed in a bathroom and hallway in a finished basement. I bought it due to the fact that it is waterproof. The salesman highly recommended it. Well, we had some water slowly creep in. And instead of going on top of the floor it seeped underneath it because of the installation process is not glued down and water can get underneath the floor. Not knowing the water was under the floor it crept all the way to the carpet in the bedroom and soaked it before we realized it. The salesman Informed the company we hired to do water mitgation that they should come apart to dry out then snap back together. Not. They crumbled when pulled up. A total loss. So beware. The waterproofing aspect backfires if the water creeps underneath the floor. It has no place to go. It was foolish to recommend a product that allows for seepage underneath with nowhere to go.

WeShipFloors

SUPERcore Rich Earth SPC008 install by Marc Johnson.

SUPERcore is a SPC (Stone Plastic Composite) and is over 4x tougher than Coretec. If you want proof, watch our video comparing the two. You can use it in front of windows and it's dimensionally stable from -30 to 155 degrees. You can buy it only from our website WeShipFloors.com

Alan

• janesvegas

For those of you that have Coretec in your basement, how does it feel to the touch (temperature wise)? How does it compare to the temperature of carpet? We currently have carpet/pad in our basement which is nice to walk on (not cold). I’m worried the Coretec will feel cold. We would install it with the 6mil vapor barrier. Thanks!

• Brianna Taylor

We have it throughout our entire main floor and basement (4222 sq ft) and yes, it's somewhat cold in the basement. I definitely wear socks in fall and winter. I guess for us it was aesthetics over comfort--carpet is lovely and cozy, but we feel that wood floors (or Coretec, in our case) look nicer and clean much easier, so that's why we chose it. I admit I do sometimes miss the feel and cushion and warmth of carpet, but over all I would still choose Coretec--we love how it looks and cleans up.

• PV Lee

Anyone has any real (Not stock) installed photos of Galathea or Nares Oak from the Plus Enhanced line? Thanks!

• Judy Jones

Does anybody have pictures of an installation of Coretec Gold Coast Acacia? Getting ready to sign but would love to see a picture. Thanks!

• chadp1986

My 5 month review of this flooring is.... don’t buy it. I thought I researched this flooring throughly, but not enough. Was told it holds up to dogs well, NOT. My floors have scratches all over them from my dogs nails. Plus this floor is as high maintenance as hardwood. I’m sure I’ll be replacing this floor a lot sooner than expected. Very disappointed.

• chadp1986

• Chessie

CoreTEC - high maintenance? Can you provide details and pics?

I am 3 months into my Coretec flooring. I like it although I have seen a couple of scratches that probably won’t be noticed by anyone else. I know that no matter what kind of floor I had installed, it was not going to be life proof. I’m just glad that I didn’t install a more expensive floor because I would have been upset over putting a large sum of money into something that I wouldn’t be able to keep looking new forever. It mops up nicely with Bona although a few spots have needed a little extra ”elbow grease.” I do have a small dog and her wet paws when coming in from the rain can leave spots but they did that with my old flooring too. She has peed on the floor several times and thankfully it cleans up easily. No more carpet for me. With kids and pets, the core tec has been much easier to maintain. I have the Noce Travertine.

• chadp1986

High maintenance as in the special cleaners I need to buy and only use certain types of rugs. The scratches are hard to get a picture of. They are more in the finish than actually carved into the plank.

• Bethany

I installed mine 4 years ago next month....still super happy, especially since I have 2 of the worst cats EVER. I wonder if something changed since then, or if maybe lighter floors perform better than darker ones? Based on my experience w/8 cats and tons of tracked litter, I haven’t experienced any of the scratching mentioned by others. I am planning to move next spring, and will most likely put Coretec in my next home as well.

• Nancy

Wherever you move, make sure you update us on your new Coretec once it’s installed!

• Bethany

Nancy, will do! Hurricane Michael was the last straw for me and I am leaving FL. Just too much stress to deal with 6 months out of the year.

USFloors

We are so happy to be part of your homes! Thank you for choosing COREtec :)

• Brooke Hupp
    Does anyone have any pictures of Espresso Oak Installed? I Like the sample but haven’t been able to find many pictures besides the one online. Also maybe smoked rustic pine.

USFloors

We unfortunately do not have any photos of Espresso Oak but here are some pictures of Smoked Rustic Pine.

• janz79

We are considering Resista Plus H2O for our family home. Is it also a Coretec product? Does anyone know if it is phthalate free in the toplayer or even throughout? Any experience with offgassing?

• Fsal
    Grand Teton installed pics, anyone?
  • Lindsey Weaver

Does anyone have pics of Williamson Oak?

USFloors

Hi Janz79! It does have have COREtec technology :) It is phthalate free as well!

USFloors

I don't have any installed pictures. Just the ones on our website

Teton

Willamson Oak

• Judy Jones

Any pics of Gold Coast Acacia?

• Mark Homeowner

Judy, I am with you. I like the Gold Coast Acacia, but not sure if I will be happy with the look. My greatest concern is that it will look fake. If you search for Gold Coast Acacia under photos, you will find several pictures. All look really nice. My concern is that pictures are not representative. I want to see it in person.

• Bethany

Mark and Judy, did you try a google images search? I saw a number of install pics that do not appear to be computer generated that were on Pinterest.

USFloors

Here are some photos :) Hopefully these work for you!

• Judy Jones

• mrs852

Looking for photos of Coretec Catalina Oak!! Please help.

USFloors

Hi! The only photo we have of Catalina Oak is our room scene. Hopefully this works for you :)

• katmomof5
    I posted some photos of Catalina Oak on here, maybe 9 months ago. I can take some pictures and post them later today. One thing to note is that the color looks much darker once installed. When I picked the sample out it almost looked yellow to me but in my house it’s brown.
  • mrs852

Thanks! I would really appreciate that as we are planning to use Catalina Oak on our home remodel. My biggest concern is how variated is the flooring, does it look stripey? Hope that makes sense!

• bethmock

Any pictures of Nares Oak?

• katmomof5

mrs852
    Sorry it took so long to get these posted. It’s been raining here so there isn’t much sunlight coming in the windows. I was that person who took every sample board they had home because it looks completely different in a house. In fact this was the last one I took because in the store it looked so yellow I didn’t think I would like it. But it’s very brown as you can tell from the photos.

I understand what you mean about the stripey look. I was worried about that too because of the stock photo that US Floors has on their website. It looks nothing like that in person, at least in my eyes.

• mrs852

Thank you!! I love the color. I am also guilty of overthinking it and brought home multiple samples! My only hesiration with Catalina Oak is that it will appear striped or too variated. What are your thoughts? Are you happy with it?

• mrs852

*hesitation

• katmomof5

I was worried about the stripey look too based on their stock photo. I bought one box of the flooring and opened it up to get a realistic view of a large area in my home. I personally don’t feel it’s too stripey looking and as the floor was being installed we made sure to vary the planks to avoid any repetition and the stripes. I love the way it turned out and so glad I picked this color.

• lovepcrh

Just wanted to add a couple pictures of Dakota Walnut. I'm happy with it. The matte finish took some time getting used to since my previous floor was a glossier finish.

• lovepcrh
    And another
  • Toya Ralston

Lovepcrh- How are you liking the Coretec Dakota Walnut? I initially had this floor and I absolutely HATED it. I had alot of issues with the floor showing footprints, water drippings everything. It was dull and looked as if it had a film/haze. I cleaned the floor everyday and just could not keep it clean, it always appeared dirty.

• lovepcrh

I struggled with it in the beginning, for the same reason. It always felt like there was a film of dust on it and looked lifeless. I actually went over it a few times with an all natural cleaner (Peppermint Pure-Castile Liquid Soap) that has some essential oils in it. I did this a few times a day for about a week. I now use Bona spray and do a quick mop a couple of times a week. It took some adjusting to the matte finish. My previous floors had a sheen to them and they had been in my home for about 15 years. That has been the biggest adjustment for me. Apparently matte is the new style; I'm not a fan. If I could do it over again I would choose something else, but I can live with this...as for my family, they all love it.

WeShipFloors

It sounds like your floor didn't get a UV top coat at the mill.

Alan

• Toya Ralston

@Lovepcrh I’m sorry to hear that!!! I’m considering Adura Max, it has more of a realistic look. Doing a little more research, I want to make sure I’m happy with my next choice.

• Karen Stephens

Does anyone have any pictures of Coretec Pro Plus Chandler Oak.

• A.J. Weber

Does anyone have pictures of CoreTec Enhanced Plus Aden Oak. Does anyone have any reviews of the "enhanced bevel" or any reviews of the Enhanced Plus line. I am curious if the bevel is a crumb track and if it takes away from the design. I am not sure the stock photo is representative of what the floor looks like with the enhanced bevel.

USFloors

Hello A.J!

Hope these help :)

• janesvegas

Does anyone have any pictures of Coretec plus 5" Deep Smoked Oak? I've found a few doing searches but would love to see a few more. Thanks!