Software
Houzz Logo Print
madymo3d

no blower or condenser on AC

12 years ago

First time this season turning on the AC. I'm not getting anything downstream of the thermostat. I hear the click at the thermostat when I switch the to COOL, but not getting blower or condenser fan. Turning the FAN to ON, the blower fan comes on. HEAT still works perfectly.

I googled a bit and sounds like it might be a relay on the blower circuit. It's a Carrier 58PAV111. Before spending $150+ I want to get some opinions here on further diagnostic/confirmation of the problem. It was already dark and rainy last night so I wasn't able to check the condenser for any wiring issues. Would any problems at the condenser prevent the blower from coming on? I know I have a pull out thing near the condenser, but not a fuse. The 30 Amp breaker insider is not tripped. Would replacing the condenser capacitor be a good idea as a preventive maintenance, or complete unnecessary?

The house and all the appliances are about 15 years old. I did a little work on the furnace this past winter which included cleaning the flame detector and a new ignitor, but that's it.

Comments (5)