Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terrilang

Help Please...Kraftmaid kitchen cabints

terrilang
12 years ago

After almost 4 years of trying to resolve issues with my Kraftmaid kitchen cabinets I am trying to contact someone in a decision making position at Kraftmaid corporate to help. I am wondering if anyone out there has contact info to share. I am looking for names, phone numbers, e-mail, etc. I have worked with the regional manager with no resolution. I have been more than patient but have finally reached my limit. I live in Florida. Kraftmaid has been here multiple times over the years and we are still not done. No one seems to care!!! Thanks...

Comments (9)

• User
    12 years ago

Are you sure you are talking Kraftmaid and not some other fly by night sounds similar type company? I've never had any problems from them ever replacing a door or two or even a cabinet if there was a problem with it after it was delivered. In the few issues that needed a rep's personal attention, they were promptly on site and promptly took care of everything.

There's gotta be a back story here.

• terrilang
    Original Author
    12 years ago

there is no "back" story. We ordered the Venecia line which is a white thermofoil. The thermofoil has peeled on almost every cabinet. Kraftmaid has been in and out of our kitchen for over 4 years and now tell us that one of the pieces we have has to be replaced with two pieces that will have to be seemed together.
    almost every replacement order has had errors and additional replacements have to constantly be reordered. Maybe they should have replaced the entire kitchen in the beginning but they elected to do it piecemeal. It has been an absolute nightmare.

all the kraftmaide folks are nice but I am still dealing with faulty cabinets after all of this time. I simply want it resolved and it looks like the only way that is going to happen any time soon is if I can get to someone in a more senior position.

• debrak_2008
    12 years ago

Have you filed a complaint with the BBB against the store you purchased from?

• terrilang
    Original Author
    12 years ago

this was a new home and they were supplied by my builder... no recourse with a store...

• debrak_2008
    12 years ago

Have you filed a complaint against the builder?

• rocketmomkd
    12 years ago

Agreed- you need to contact the builder,especially if it was the builders choice to put those cabinets in. I've had thermofoil cabinets before- peeling is not uncommon, although so soon after installation is really ridiculous. Good luck!

• User
    12 years ago

Venecia was a Lowes exclusive I believe, built to their specifications and has subsequently been discontinued because of the lack of demand for frameless cabinets in the US. The plant that produced them has been closed down and the remaining KM plants only produce framed cabinetry. It's not surprising that they would have difficulty producing replacement parts.

As the purchaser, your builder is the warranty holder here and he should have filed a complaint with Lowes from the beginning. He should be majorly involved as the warranty is not transferable. He is the person that you should be jumping on big time here. Ultimately, HE is the provider of the cabinetry, and it is up to him to repair or replace them.

"Masco Cabinetry, LLC, warrants its cabinetry to be free of defects in material or workmanship for as long as they are owned by you, the original purchaser."

"Masco Cabinetry, LLC, at its option, may elect to repair or to replace any KraftMaid product covered by this warranty. We are always innovating and actively seeking out ways to improve our product offering and to make your life easier. As such, some replacement parts are subject to availability, and may differ from those originally supplied."

• terrilang
    Original Author
    12 years ago

this was not a lowes product. One Venecia line was made for lowes but not all of venicia. I do know that the one plant was closed and they are now using a manufacturer in Canada to make the replacement parts. Kraftmaid has been dealing with us directly as the "purchaser. The problem seems to be that each time something is ordered the order comes in wrong and now they tell us they cannot get some pieces... a total MESS..

• debrak_2008
    12 years ago

Without knowing all the details....why not have an attorney (hopefully you have a friend to do this for free) send a letter to Kraftmaid saying (tell the story) and since the product is not longer available....how about giving us a really big discount on brand new kraftmaid cabinets. If offered take it and run.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!