Software
Houzz Logo Print
hamsundm

pink and red bedding

15 years ago

It's time to redo our DD's room. She has requested pink and red bedding. I've been searching with no real success. The best I've come up with is using solid red/solid pink combos (which would likely be cute, too).

Before I throw in the towel, I thought I'd check if anyone recalls seeing any (light) pink and red bedding anywhere. DD is almost 6yo and doesn't want it to be 'babyish'. She's visioning something pretty and not crayola-colorful, so not a lot of other colors.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Comments (13)

  • 15 years ago

    Maybe she saw Sarah Richardson's pink and red girls room? I have usually had to resort to sewing my own quilts to get what I want.

  • 15 years ago

    I just googled red and pink bedding and lots of things popped up. Not sure of the quality. I tried Macy's online which has a really nice selection of bedding in general.

  • 15 years ago

    Here are two choices from the Pottery Barn Teen web site.
    {{!gwi}}

  • 15 years ago

    Go to JC Penney's site & look under teen girl & kids. I see a few that would work; some you could use red accents.

    Going to link to a few- not sure if the link will hold though

    Diva Comforter has red

    Seventeen Bubblegum Dot Bedding

    Seventeen Wild Giraffe Mini Comforter Set

    Ellan Mini Comforter Set

    Daize Bedspread

  • 15 years ago

    Check out the Company Kids site. They don't have a red and pink bedding line but they have ginghams, polka dots and solids (all in red and pink) which you may be able to mix and match. Maybe a white and pink polka dot duvet with some solid red pillows? You could do a lot of one color and then just add in accents in the room in the other. Or
    paint the walls pink and do the rest of the room red. In case you haven't seen Sarah Richardson's rooms referred to, here are two pictures of different projects using pink and red:

    Here is a link that might be useful: Company Kids

  • 15 years ago

    Chris; you wouldn't happen to know where you can buy the fabric Sarah used in the hotel room? I tried looking on the site she said but didn't see it.

  • 15 years ago

    This is Sarah Richardson's little girls room. Granted it has more colors than you wanted. But, I think the upholshered headboard and chennelle pillows are so sweet for a little girls room. How many times have we run across chennelle bedspreads from the 50's for dirt cheap? I think they make adorable pillows, don't you?

    ....Jane

    Note: SR lives in a farmhouse near Toronto. She mixes country, modern, shabby chic, antiques and it works.

    {{!gwi}}

  • 15 years ago

    I'm not certain if these are age-appropriate or not, or whether duvet covers work for you, but Pottery Barn has some lovely duvets with pink and red.

    Lisette Pomegranate Duvet Cover & Sham (On Sale)

    Brittany Rose Duvet Cover & Sham

  • 15 years ago

    arcy - I do sew a tiny bit (like repairs, etc), but don't think I'm daring enough to take on bedding. I love SR inspiration.
    ellendi - Yes, I've googled and lots does come up, but many of them are just images. I've searched.
    forhgtv - I checked pb and pbkids but apparently not pb teen! I love the striped one and it's close to what I'm visioning... but not sure I've sold DD on it (yet) :)
    roselvr - fun choices!
    Chris11895 - I love the company store. We have an outlet near us and all of my kids bedding so far has been from there. DD has a beach quilt right now and I hate to part with it. I did look at the separates and will likely go that route if we can't find something we like otherwise.
    newdawn - I love chennelle.
    pricklypearcactus - those are beautiful but might be a little too grown up for dd. Although, might work if other things in the room are younger. hmm.

    Thanks all!

  • 15 years ago

    Here is Sarah Richardson's pink and red bedroom. I think it's yummy!

  • 15 years ago

    Oceanna - Me too - I'm thinking of painting pink stripes on the wall of my DD's room just like the F&B wallpaper she used.

    Projectsneverend - I found this picture while I was wasting time on Houzz today:

  • 15 years ago

    oh, those rooms are ADORABLE! I would love to use them as inspiration. But alas, dd has chosen a slightly different direction and we ordered (pieces of) this bedding last night...

    That's what happens when I give her choices - she makes them. :) At least she picked colors I can live with.

    Maybe I'll post pics when her room is done... provided we ever get that far. I have a 5-layer hand painted stencil (done when I was 8months pregnant) to sand off of her walls first. ;)

    Here is a link that might be useful: JcPenney bedding

  • 15 years ago

    Adorable! I love Penney's. Can always find something that will work