Software
Houzz Logo Print
cindysidney

Door

13 years ago
Is that a custom door ? If not could you share particulars! Thanks
newton residence 1 - dplk.04 · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 13 years ago
    What kind of stone is that? Is it thin? I am working on a siding project and would like to use the same stone for my house.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    .
    the stone for the project is common new england fieldstone. it has been installed with the mortar "raked" out to show the stone's prominence. the stone appears to have been installed as a "dry-set" wall, using no mortar, but the stone mason's ability to select and place the stone, secured to the structural exterior wall, with minimal exposed mortar. the stone is approximately 6"-7" thick.

    I would recommend that you show your builder, and mason the photo and visit the stone yard to obtain the stone products in your area. if you review the photo, the window sills are 2" rock faced blue stone.

    I would also recommend the builders mason provide a 48"X48" sample wall for your approval prior to order of any materials.
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you David, I appreciated your comment on the stone work and the suggestion about the sample wall, very smart move.
  • 7 years ago

    If I may have the name of the line of the door from Simpson? Thank you.

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    The file and information on this door is no longer available.