Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoyamom_gw

Bathroom light for ceiling - help find me one!

hoyamom
16 years ago

I have been through the gallery and no one really shows the overhead lights in the bathroom. They just talk about the sconces or the vanity lights. I would like to get rid of the builder globe light that doesn't put out a lot of light and put something that is spa like but not a chandelier. I was thinking maybe a semi-flush bc the ceilings are 9 feet. I can't put in anything too wide bc it is a narrow space between the wall and the shower.

Any suggestions? Here are some pics of the ceiling.

walking into the shower area

Comments (16)

• creekylis
    16 years ago

What about this one?

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to website

• creekylis
    16 years ago

Or these...

Here is a link that might be useful: Lighting site

• creekylis
    16 years ago

Or something like this?

Here is a link that might be useful: More...

• hoyamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

creekylis - thanks - wow = those are great!!! I had looked at a few sites before I posted here but didn't find anything. Most of the lights that are supposed to be in the bathroom are vanity lights and not overhead.
    I like that one that's below the 3 light one above. I looked it up on the link you sent and it does come in a semi flush mount.

I appreciate all the time you took to look these up!!

• backsweat
    16 years ago

Restoration hardware has some decent flush and semi-flush options. Also check out schoolhouseelectric dot com. They may have some pendant (choose finish and length, + UL Damp certified) or flush. Their prices seems pretty decent for the finish options.

• les917
    16 years ago

I think this would be fun, and the balls match the roller balls on the shower curtain rings. The name says it all - like a sea anemone in feeling.

robert abbey anemone

• lionstail
    16 years ago

How about something like this?

Please let us know what you decide..by the way I love the bathroom!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom light fixtures

• kitchendetective
    16 years ago

I like the one that's sort of cloud-shaped (the last one creekylis posted). Some soft-looking, frosted, white Murano glass would be lovely.

• User
    16 years ago

Hmmm I have some of those very same builder fixtures in the mudroom, bathrooms and hallways and have been wanting to replace them, but didnt want to spend too much of course, and didnt want to make a statement with them either. I am liking some of the simpler but very pleasing ones. something else to spend some time on!

• User
    16 years ago

Well, the very first one posted is nice, and the price is $24. Very nice!!
    I have been looking on bellacor which is where the cloud one is from but I have not been able to find it. anyone have any more clues?

• jerseygirl_1
    16 years ago

I think the one Les posted is very cute and would add a little unexpected whimsy to the room.

• teedup1
    16 years ago

Ditto on the one Les suggested. Perfect!

• saskatchewan_girl
    16 years ago

From looking it seems that this is the only light for your bathroom? So I'm guessing you want it to be a decent amount of lighting.
    I like the ones that hang down and are shaped like a glass cup with small wires/chains that go back up to the cover......does that make any sense at all???? Well I couldn't find one to post so here are some other suggestions LOL
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    Found one similar but not clear glass
    {{!gwi}}
    HTH

• wisrose
    16 years ago

I agree with hoyamom...When I saw the one under the 3 blue light...I said "that is it" A beautiful classic design.

• creekylis
    16 years ago

Ooh.... I like this one too...

Here is a link that might be useful: Link...

• hoyamom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just ordered this one. I like the clean lines and it also will hold a 75 watt bulb so it will be a little brighter in there. I do have a recessed can light in the shower but this way it will give a bit more light. Someone on this board said that the round lights look like "boobs" and I just kept thinking of that everytime I looked at a round light so this one solves that mental image!!

Thanks for all your suggestions!!