Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vampiressrn_gw

Peacock Chairs

vampiressrn
14 years ago

I'm holding out....but if Pier One lowers the price on these babies to $100 I might just splurge. They are very comfortable, the colors are fabulous and I could paint one wall in my dining room peacock blue and be happy. Pray for price reduction as I need 6 of them!!!

{{!gwi}}
Peacock Tufted Dining Chair

Orig. $189.95

NOW $169.99

A chair that really struts its stuff. The Peacock Tufted Dining Chair has a lot to brag about. Hardwood frame, super comfy upholstery and a gorgeous plumage pattern. Oh. And it's a Pier 1 exclusive.

Comments (23)

• patty_cakes
    14 years ago

Love 'em!!!! I saw the same chairs but in a different print when I was in my local store last week. Yeah, 100 bucks per chair would be a steal! Let's hope! ;o)

• loribee
    14 years ago

FUN! Keep us posted!

• homebodymom
    14 years ago

Great chairs! Please post pics if you go thru with your plan- my 13yr old wants to paint her room peacock blue!!!!!

• daisychain01
    14 years ago

Maybe you could just do 2 and something else for the other 4? I think you need to get those chairs.

• vampiressrn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They just aren't budging on these babies. Maybe I should have given in when they marked them down 20 bucks. I check the price every day and it is still at $189.95. I am agonizing over these and eager to paint the walls in my dining room. I can do the major wall in a dark turquoise and the 2 side walls in a paler tone. Then if I get those chairs that room will be almost done. I have an antique china cabinet that I just need to get my handyman to put the doors on (I have given up trying to find nickel plated hinges) and will have to go with the original brass...may end up painting that as my home is predominantly brushed nickel. I have gray carpeting with dark wood in that room so think these colors will work well. The color in this curtain is what I will do the main wall in. I am very itchy to go buy those chairs...ARGH!!!! I may have to be hand-cuffed to my chair.

{{!gwi}}

• forhgtv
    13 years ago

Love the chairs. Love the colors. Hope you see your desired price reduction soon because I would love to see your finished room.

• justgotabme
    13 years ago

Oh this sounds like a neat plan. I hope they mark them down enough so you can get them. Isn't there a Pier 1 Outlet out there on I-80 that you'd pass on your way to work? Wouldn't hurt to check there and see if they have them at a discounted price. Though when I was there with our daughter I wasn't too impressed with their prices they were less than their regular stores.
    And where did you find those window panels? I'm so drooling over them.

• vampiressrn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL...that is actually the panel you can get to match those chairs at Pier One. Yes...it is the Galleria right on the corner of I-80 and Highway 65. We also have a new place across from that mall called The Fountains where they have Sur La Table, Anthropologie, Z-Gallerie, Cold Water Creek...and more...it is a nice place, you need to catch it next time your are out this way. :-)

I am also thinking main wall in peacock blue and maybe the side walls could be that lime green in those curtains...those colors look nice together and that would be more versatile with my dish collection.

Here is a link that might be useful: matching peacock items

• 4boys2
    13 years ago

Are you willing to pay $985 plus tax for all 6 (that's somewhere around 15% off or $164 per) ??
    Then sign up for their gold card reward...10% off your order and $40.00 in gift coupons mailed to you.
    Then pay it off and don't use it (interest will probably be around the 28%)You better check my math..

Also did you ask the store "What's the best you can do for me if I'm looking to purchasing 6 ?"
    If the sales clerk say's sorry then take the manager to the side and ask discretely the same..

Everything is negotiable .EVERYTHING..

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.pier1.com/TopMenu/CreditCard/PromotionalOffers/tabid/166/Default.aspx

• vampiressrn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah...I am so seriously hiding my purse this weekend forboystoo...that is just a ridiculous price. Thanks for your suggestions...I am not good at bartering...but might have to on these chairs. I figure if it is meant to be...it will happen.

• graywings123
    13 years ago

For the hinges, you could spray paint them a color pretty close to nickel.

• vampiressrn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks graywings...think I will have to do that. They are old and an odd size but still in good condition, and I just can't find replacements even in Van Dykes. I am going to have to get new handles/pulls I think.

I'm feeling hopeful that I will be able to get my dining room done this year...YIPPEEEEE!!!

• User
    13 years ago

Those are gorgeous chairs, you must get them!

• kitchendetective
    13 years ago

Have you tried getting Garden Webbers to help you find hinges?

• justgotabme
    13 years ago

Thanks Marlene! Now I just have to find a place/room/anything, to use that fabric with.
    I thought I remember correctly about Pier 1 outlet being on I-80. My guess is my daughter would know about all those new stores too. Now if I can just find the time to get out there. She's flying back in September to drive to Wright Paterson AFB for their marathon so this summer is out for a visit. She's training to hard to have time for company. Even Mom! Ha ha ha. If I were to come I'd help you talk them down in price. It's a game for me. You have to let them know you want them enough and have the money, but not at the marked price. Like buying a car, if they don't meet your top price, which you keep in your head until they meet it, then walk away.

• paint_chips
    13 years ago

Those are beautiful! I hope they will have a Fourth of July sale so you can get them.

• vampiressrn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just called the store to find out when they will go on sale and the gal says they never know when the sales are, so this location might not be flexible. I am hoping for a July 4th sale too.

Hey Becky, whenever you know you are coming out my way, give me a shout so you can come over and bring your daughter/family. I will have lunch and cocktails for us...then you can report back here on that decor fopah in my guest bedroom...LOL. Maybe we can coordinate a NorCal Garden Web convention at my place...that would be fun.

There is an advertisement running on the right side of my screen for SW paint that rotates through various colors and it keeps staying on "Rivulet" SW6760, a very beautiful turquoise which would be a perfect color for my dining room...IT'S A SIGN I TELL YA!!!!

• eclecticme
    13 years ago

I love those chairs. I have considered buying one myself, for my guest bedroom. Though I do agree with daisychain01, I think that maybe they would stand out more if you did 2 chairs, at either end of the table, assuming its retangular shaped. Then maybe you could make the 4 other chairs a little more affordable????

• tinam61
    13 years ago

I also agree with using only two chairs as your host chair. Hope you get them!

tina

• justgotabme
    13 years ago

Oh Marlene, that sounds grand plan, though I doubt your guest room is all the bad and I'll be reporting back how wonderful it is. Remember I've seen pictures of some of you home. It's gorgeous! I can't see you doing anything bad at all.

• vampiressrn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion to reduce the number of chairs. I am aiming for six though as some day I may get a bigger dining table (to seat 8) so would want them to be the side chairs. I think I would easily be able to find end chairs to complement them, like an armed parsons upholstered in that peacock blue.

• nanny2a
    13 years ago

I personally think two of those would be stunning, yet six would be overkill and the uniqueness of their design and color would be lost. They'd be much more striking as the head of the table chairs, with solid colored side chairs. A side chair like the ones shown in the link below would be very attractive, since the curved flare of the chair is compatible with the flared Pier 1 chairs.

Here is a link that might be useful: flared back dining chair